Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > Curious about Hi-Lo Campers?
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Curious about Hi-Lo Campers? Thinking about buying a Hi-Lo camper, curious, have questions? Ask them here

Old 11-03-2023, 02:21 PM   #1

Default Anybody knows what sizes over 31' were made by HiLo?

Q: Anybody knows what sizes over 31' were made after 2001 by HiLo?

I only found one 31' and one 38' so far. 99% are under 28'.
I'm wondering how many of those over 31' have they made?

By the way, I read a post in this forum referring Jim Seals and Rob Laher
J and R Trailer Repair, at the original Ohio manufacturing location.
I did contact them and, lamentably, they are no longer in business... closed up shop earlier this year (2023). They have a few Hi Lo parts for sale on ebay, but no longer work on trailers.

Thank you all for your help.
Shystersbuster

Shystersbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 09:55 PM   #2
sam

Default 33ft. HiLOS

If my memory serves me well. A few 33FT. HiLOS were made special for a dealer. The guys were celebrating when the jigs to manufacture were thrown away. Probably cut up and burned!!

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 06:08 PM   #3

We loved our 31 ft and yes, I believe 33ft was the longest made. Recalling this fact from touring the HiLo plant prior to our purchase We actually have a very cute model too!
Elaine and Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 08:59 PM   #4

Thank you Elaine and Bill! What year is your 31' HiLo?
Question: I heard that an owner of a 31' (don't know what year) reported engineering problems that never could be corrected. It seems the axle placement was wrong on the 31' units. The tires wore unevenly. The extra feet (3) MADE A BIG SCREW UP. There was no way to fix it, he said.
What is YOUR experience with YOUR 31'?

2. These units are very heavy and would require a 3/4 ton pick up to pull it. Think frequent stops to gas up. Is that right?

3. The metal roofs corrode due to dissimilar metals. Guaranteed to have pinpoint holes. Again, what is your experience with yours?

4. I understand after 2001 HiLo started making them with aluminon. Maybe the heavy ones were before them.

Thank you guys!
Old 11-09-2023, 10:13 PM   #5

We fortunately had no issues with our 310S. (2000) We took care of her and she took care of us. She was stored inside from November to April and undercover most camping seasons. She was our only home for 7 months. We sold her in 2019 after not having time (and space for maintenance) after moving to NC. Roof was in great shape-Kool sealed. The air conditioner kept us cool during the summer including a few 100 degree days! Her interior was neutral! The Sequoia pulled her weight beautifully and I always felt very safe driving. Our tires were always at 50 PSIs, didn’t drive crazy fast! I see many trailers (not just HiLo’s) on the road that aren’t level with TV and maybe this effects tire wear? Lots of great memories…
Elaine and Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 01:18 PM   #6

Thank you guys!