Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Curious about Hi-Lo Campers? Thinking about buying a Hi-Lo camper, curious, have questions? Ask them here

Old 11-29-2022, 05:02 PM   #1

Default Just what is the difference?

Hi, Recently purchased a 2307C and I have been reading for hours, days, and weeks all of the different areas of the this HiLo forum. (Thanks to everyone for all the valuable information that I have already gleaned from this sight.

As soon as I get some more insulation in my shop, I plan to attack the water damage on/in the walls and ceiling of my camper. (I'm getting to old to brave the elements and fridges temps like I did when I was young and probably more foolish.

Anyway, what really is the difference between the TowLite and the Classic? Is it just the floor plan or something different?

Old 11-29-2022, 11:05 PM   #2

Default Classic HiLo

I have owned two Classic HiLos. My understanding it that the classics are heavier and have a higher tongue wt. The cupboards are heavier with oak fronts. The upholstery in the dinette and couches is upgrades. Sturdy and more comfortable. The appliances are upgraded. DSI water heater. AC with heat strip. Both my RVS came with ovens. Depends what you order them with. Some have drop down bunk. My current one has extra cupboards instead of a bunk. Our first HiLo suffered water damage because we didn't know to remove the windows and reseal with butyl tape and Lexel caulk. In rebuilding/repairing the frame is metal. The walls consist of 1/8underlay. 1/2 " sheets of insulation and 1/8th inch paneling with wallpaper on it. I will have someone else describe the difference in a Towlite. If you need advice on putting your walls together just let me know. Many of us have had to repair roofs and walls. I have seen some very talented people restore a HiLo that I would have junked.

Usagi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:28 AM   #3

Thanks for the info Usagi5678! That does make sense. I am sure I will be reaching out on this forum for help once I start to get into the bones of the upper half.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:01 PM   #4

Welcome - we have a 2307C as well - hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours!

We looked at a couple of TowLites before purchasing our 2307C - not sure I have the following 100% correct but if my memory is right, among other details, TowLites are a bit narrower and have a bit less headroom; the endcaps are completely different and the classics have better insulation.

If you pull up the brochures section in the library, there's a pretty detailed chart at the back of the brochure for the '07 models that should give you a pretty good idea of what was standard (and optional) on each size trailer in the two lines
Old 12-09-2022, 12:47 AM   #5

Should have mentioned - I've done several 12 volt LED lighting upgrades (both inside and outside) that involved running new wiring behind the internal paneling. If you're considering LED upgrades, I'd be happy to share what we did and where and how the new wiring was run. If you're going to be getting inside the walls to make water damage repairs, that's the time to run those circuits - what we did would have been orders of magnitude easier with the paneling removed.
Old 12-09-2022, 09:08 PM   #6

Thanks 'oldcarguy', I will sure use and appreciate any info you want to share with me. I will be removing the inside walls in the front half and maybe all the way back to the bathroom if need be.

I will also have to study the original brochures that I have with my 2307C and compare the specs with the TowLite. Thanks for suggesting that.
Old 12-18-2022, 09:06 PM   #7

Default what is the difference in the wire for led

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcarguy View Post
Should have mentioned - I've done several 12 volt LED lighting upgrades (both inside and outside) that involved running new wiring behind the internal paneling. If you're considering LED upgrades, I'd be happy to share what we did and where and how the new wiring was run. If you're going to be getting inside the walls to make water damage repairs, that's the time to run those circuits - what we did would have been orders of magnitude easier with the paneling removed.
what is the difference in the wire for led-bigger or smaller?
kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 12:31 AM   #8

I generally stick with the same gauge wire that was used by the manufacturer, although it's not necessary - LEDs draw much less power than incandescent bulbs, & can easily run on much smaller gauge wire.

Since there's never anyone staying in the trailer other than my wife & me, we leave the sofa set up as a bed full time, & wanted better lighting overhead so we can read in bed. I mounted 3 "Good Earth" dimmable 12 volt LED "puck" lights (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Good-Earth-...ght/1000410931) on the bottom of the upper cabinet on the street side, using the wiring that came in the light kit to wire them into the trailer's 12 volt system. Good Earth's wiring was very light - probably around 20 gauge (about the same size as the wire that usually comes with relatively inexpensive automotive speaker kits) - the lights have worked flawlessly for two years now.
Old 01-08-2023, 05:42 PM   #9

Old Car Guy is correct...the Classic is 10 inches wider than the towlite and I believe has about 4 inches more head room...
2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Brianagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 10:22 AM   #10

Thanks, I did find the specs in a brochure in my paperwork. Since the brochure came with the camper I figure it covers the models around 2007.

SCN_0006.pdf