Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Curious about Hi-Lo Campers? Thinking about buying a Hi-Lo camper, curious, have questions? Ask them here

Old 03-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #1

Default Need advice.

I have a 2002 29 ft classic. When raising it I noticed a gap along the wall between top and bottom. Any idea how I an fix this? I think it needs some type of insulation. Thanks. Susie

SusieandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #2

Is your Hi Lo perfectly level? Is there part of the seal missing?

Harry

wvjeepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #3

Suzie,

Is your top raising all the way up, evenly all the way around?

Jim
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #4

Default Need advice.

This camper was bought used, it is a 2002 and was not used for yrs. We bought it and I noticed when raised there is a space between the top and bottom in the bedroom on one side. Looks like whatever is suppose to seal that space is missing. It also looks like it is only on one side. Seems like is it level.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #5
Site Team

You need to MEASURE the distance between the bottom edge of the top half and the supports that the top sits on when it is lowered). If one side seals properly, use that measurement as the "goal" value. If the other side is lower, there will be a gap.

You can see the sealing gaskets at the door opening. There is a gasket on the top half and one on the bottom section as I recall. Or perhaps there is just one gasket that rises to the level of a "lip" or something similar on the other half. They should meet. If they do, that is a height to shoot for.

But, it is entirely possible you are missing a gasket. You may be able to check for this on the outside using a mirror with the top up. You should be able to see the gaskets on the side that seals. If one is missing on the other side, it should be obvious.

There's been a post in this forum about replacing gaskets, if that's your problem.

Edit: Here's one of the posts about replacing the gasket: http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f55/...of-gasket-220/ Looks to be a big job. Make sure that's your problem before you start.

- Jack
Old 03-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #6

Thanks for the info, we will check it out.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #7

Home depot has 1 inch stripping by 8 foot long that has a 3/8 inch round insulating bead rubber that works well with self tap small screws.makes it almost air tight.

Old Man swanson AZ

jwswans is offline   Reply With Quote