Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Curious about Hi-Lo Campers? Thinking about buying a Hi-Lo camper, curious, have questions? Ask them here

Old 11-28-2016, 06:38 PM   #1

Default Shower Height - Husband 6'2"?

If plans don't fall through or unit sells, we are planning to go and look at a 2310. Photos look good from the dealer. I attempted to find shower height here but can't. My husband is 6'2" about 210 lbs and after reading a post or two, it has me wondering if that will be a deal breaker. We are really looking for "comfort" in a smaller unit and that isn't easy to find, but a shower where he can actually use is kind of essential in the big picture. Thanks!

Old 11-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #2

The interior height of the 2310 is listed as 77", or 6' 5", which will likely be close to the 6' 2" requirement. If hubby isn't happy with that, you might take him camping in a Scamp which will make any Hi-Lo seem like the Taj Mahal! DAMHIK!!!

piperjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:39 PM   #3
sam

Default Shower height

In our trailer you step in a bathtub to shower. Some units just have a shower pan. Keep in mind that some campgrounds have good showers that you can use for a long hot shower. Flip flops highly suggested.
sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperjim View Post
The interior height of the 2310 is listed as 77", or 6' 5", which will likely be close to the 6' 2" requirement. If hubby isn't happy with that, you might take him camping in a Scamp which will make any Hi-Lo seem like the Taj Mahal! DAMHIK!!!
Even though the interior height is 77" that is at its highest point in the middle of the ceiling which arches down to the sides. The shower pan is maybe 3 or 4 inches above the floor. Above the shower is the skylight that gives some added height. I am 5'7" so it's no problem for me, but for a larger taller person it may get a bit tight. I think if you really want a shower you can endure for a few minutes to get clean.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:17 AM   #5

Thanks everyone! We are going to go take a look. Funny someone mentioned a Scamp as last night I got my first tour of a Scamp 5th wheel. Boy, those videos and brochures come no where close to letting you know how "tight" one is. We were in Hi Lo at a show around 1999. Right now, with a popup, we are showering at the shower house and while I have no problem with that (always in shower shoes) it would be nice to have an "in-house" option.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:15 PM   #6

A couple of things besides fitting to think of regarding the shower. The amount of water used can deplete both fresh water tank and grey water storage. My shower is at the end of the water line (back of the camper)and the hot water heater is at the beginning (front of the camper) You are going to use some water just to get the hot to the shower.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:58 AM   #7

Jim, we had the same bathroom layout in our 2407T. We found that by collecting the cold water in a bucket while waiting for the hot water to arrive, you could extend the gray water capacity. You can use the water collected to either flush the toilet, or use in the kitchen or outside. When boondocking, one needs to be creative!
Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:03 PM   #8
Site Team

Clever, Greg!

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #9

In our house, it took forever to get hot water in from the basement. I often saved the water to use for other purposes. It could be like 1/2 gallon at a time. I am "thrifty".

So, my husband checked out the shower today and he says it will work! We pick up our Hi Lo next Tuesday! Very pleased with the unbelievable price we paid, so much less than I ever expected to pay after searching for sometime now.

They are going to PDI and reseal the caulking, install a power can't remember what the thing is called on the front you usually crank and install the L-brackets for our Equalizer Hitch.

Thanks everyone!
Old 11-30-2016, 08:09 PM   #10
sam

Default Congrats on getting a HiLo

The wording you are looking for is power jack. It is the next best thing to sliced bread! A real back saver. Look over the operational videos listed in this forum. We are here to answer any questions you may have.
sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:01 PM   #11
Site Team

You'll be using the power jack to raise the trailer AND tow vehicle when they are coupled together so that you can slide the equalizer bars on and off the L-brackets easily.

I have the Equil-i-zer hitch too. If you have any questions about adjusting it, feel free to ask. The instructions that come with it are good - read them! And, there are videos put out by Equil-i-zer too that are well done. I got the plastic inserts for my L-brackets. They do a great job of making the hitch more quiet.

- Jack
Old 12-01-2016, 06:32 AM   #12
Site Team

I'm not sure about Equil-i-zer power jacks (I would presume they too) have a small jack handle that comes with it, to raise and lower without power. Stow this near the jack if possible. I've never needed this, but have practiced with it. I'm sure it saved the day for some people.
Tree
Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:56 AM   #13

Thank you for all the suggestions!
Old 12-01-2016, 08:12 AM   #14

Thanks Greg. I'll put that in the memory banks. For now both of us a happy using the camp ground shower if available, going without or just a going over with a wash cloth although the latter isn't as much fun as it was years ago!
Old 12-01-2016, 09:21 AM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeclimber View Post
I'm not sure about Equil-i-zer power jacks (I would presume they too) have a small jack handle that comes with it, to raise and lower without power. Stow this near the jack if possible. I've never needed this, but have practiced with it. I'm sure it saved the day for some people.
Tree
Tree, we managed to confuse you. The Equal-i-zer is simply a brand of Weight Distributing Hitch. It uses heavy steel bars that fit on to L-brackets on the trailer tongue instead of chains. The friction of the bars against the L-brackets provides built-in sway control. It is NOT the power lift device.

And Brookside, I think your trailer has a small flap at the front of the battery box that can be lifted up with the top down. I store my manual crank handle for the tongue jack in that location.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:27 AM   #16
Site Team

Sorry, the power lift was what I was referring to. Don't know why I mentioned WDH brand. But I know that small crank handle will come in handy if battery power is lost! If you have one, just try working with it some time to become familiar with it. Then do it with a hose spraying at you with a powerful leaf blower at the same time!!!
Tree
Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:22 PM   #17

I think they located the manual crank. We had a salesman and a tech that were helping us go through it. We currently have a pop-up which lifts itself, add to that a battery that went dead, add spending the night in it because house just sold that day and with the finish being that the instructions, which included some disassembling of the mechanism were too complicated. We replaced the battery, luckily we could find one nearby.

Indeed, when we have an issue, it is raining and the wind is blowing. I don't even ask "Why me, why now?" anymore. I just repeat in my head "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger." I must be Iron Woman by now.

We have an outside shower too! Dog bath when the weather is warmer!