Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Curious about Hi-Lo Campers? Thinking about buying a Hi-Lo camper, curious, have questions? Ask them here

Old 04-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #61

Members,
I will be going to the trailer this PM with someone who understands electricity and I will have him read all the posts before we go. The info should help us resolve the problem quickly. I have removed the upper panel. It was screwed and "glued" for some reason and was a mess trying to pry it loose. But it is done and ready now for my buddy to get in there with the Voltmeter and jumper wires etc. Thanks. And hopefully soon we will have this resolved. The one thing I was able to do was test a fuse which was hard to tell if it was blown or not by visual inspection. It was like a hair thin fuse (0.1amp) I didn't know they had such small amps, but it was working. But that seemed fine, so it is probably the wiring, the fan or the sensor.

azmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #62

Good luck and keep us posted on your findings.

Going off of my memory, I believe the power supplied to the fan is tied into the terminal block that you can see in the first picture I posted earlier. So if needed you could jump a wire from that point as explained by Jim earlier for that method of testing the fan.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #63

We do have the same trailer. I just found a pulley wheel underneath my trailer. probably not a good thing, but the trailer does go up and down with no weird noises or troubles. I'm going to check underneath when the pavement cools. I don't think it goes with my refrigerator??
azmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #64

The most likely places for a pulley is related to the lift system. I would recommend going underneath and doing an inspection to see if you can notice any visible area where the pulley is missing. Most of the pulleys are located right at the hydraulic lift assembly and also at the points of where the cables go up at each corner of the trailer. Hope this helps out in trying find the spot where it came from, good luck. I also found it easier to get around underneath my trailer with the use of a creeper, they can usually be found on sale at harbor freight, I bought mine there for about $20 and worth it, especially in Arizona.