Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > General Hi-Lo camper discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 08-12-2022, 11:20 AM   #1

Default fantastic fan replacement

My husband and I want to replace the fan in our 2002 RK 17ft Hi Lo. Can anyone advise us what model would be a good fit? Want to be sure we get the right one. Thanks

kebideplin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:39 PM   #2
Site Team

I replaced my Mattel toy fan that came with the HiLo when it was manufactured with a Fan-Tastic Fan many years ago and I think it was one of the BEST upgrades I could have done. The fan moves more air, it is quieter, it varies speed depending upon temperature and, the vent has a rain sensor that automatically closes and turns the fan off if it rains, meaning we can leave the trailer during the day with the fan on and not worry about a storm filling the trailer with water. It also uses less current than the stupid OEM fan!

It was a simple remove and replace installation, the fit was perfect in the existing opening and there were only 2 wires to connect as I recall.

Now, I have no idea what model I installed, since it was so long ago, but this one: https://www.amazon.com/Fan-Tastic-80.../dp/B01LRF9PCA has all the features mine has. The model 3350 is almost the same, but it doesn't have the digital remote, which is handy since you can use it to control the fan anywhere in the trailer. I prefer having the remote.

Yes, it's expensive, but in my opinion, worth it! You may find this model cheaper from another source if you want to hunt for it.

- Jack