Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 08-01-2019, 09:14 AM   #1

Default Pleasant Surprise

so while i was in mansfield for the Mid-Ohio Indycar race this past weekend, i did some wondering of the area.
driving down some side road, i see a sign for Habitat for Humanity Restore. naturally, my wife and i enjoy stopping by (my wife wasnt with me as this was a work trip), so i stopped by. upon pulling down the gravel driveway to the store, i see a hi-lo camper and i park beside it.
i step out of the truck and see that there were 7 parked behind me. i walk back a bit and i see 4 more to the side of an old garage. i snap a pic because i've never seen this many hi-los in one place. i step into the garage and see an old guy and a younger guy talking.
i inquire how they cam about to have so many hi-los as i have never seen that many. they state that they belong to customers, and they are repairing some of them. out of curiosity, i ask the name of the shop. the old guy says J and R Repair. MY JAW DROPS
I tell them that they are the ones that i have been reading about on this forum, and only by chance that i actually get to meet them. we talk a bit about the shop and they talk about the experience they have and what all they have done. i talk about how i have had a camper for a couple years and want to start working on it but havent had time due to work. he gets my email so i can send them questions when progress starts.

those 2 were amazing guys. appeared to be very humble (except when they talked about how Camping World calls them asking for free advice on how to work on a hi-lo).

i talked to my mom about this experience. we talked about how my curiosity while on these work trips has allowed me to find many gems! i pity the other guys on my team that don't take the time to explore the area.

chicken89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:32 PM   #2

That is unbelievable! Super cool! I wish I was closer to Ohio. (California). I have a recently purchased 2001 Hi-lo Towlite 24' that could use a go over.

tlnovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlnovack View Post
That is unbelievable! Super cool! I wish I was closer to Ohio. (California). I have a recently purchased 2001 Hi-lo Towlite 24' that could use a go over.
Hello fello Californian hi- lo er
From Napa
Have had 2 hi-los in the past 16 years
Current rig 2006 Tacoma and 2006 22' towlite
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:29 PM   #4

Hello! I have heard the Tacoma is a good truck! I have a 2017 GMC Savana cargo van! And I love it. I live in the central San Joaquin Valley. I am still thinking about you wandering around and coming upon J&R! I totally get it. Sometimes this world works in mysterious ways. Sounds like J&R has its hands full with all those Hi-Los waiting to be serviced.
tlnovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:08 PM   #5

That was chicken89
I just noticed your in CA
We try to get out 1or 2 times a month
Les & Patricia
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
Old 08-01-2019, 10:14 PM   #6

Let me know if you have any questions or mod idea's that I can help out on
I have done a lot to my trailer
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
Old 08-02-2019, 04:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken89 View Post
so while i was in mansfield for the Mid-Ohio Indycar race this past weekend, i did some wondering of the area.
driving down some side road, i see a sign for Habitat for Humanity Restore. naturally, my wife and i enjoy stopping by (my wife wasnt with me as this was a work trip), so i stopped by. upon pulling down the gravel driveway to the store, i see a hi-lo camper and i park beside it.
i step out of the truck and see that there were 7 parked behind me. i walk back a bit and i see 4 more to the side of an old garage. i snap a pic because i've never seen this many hi-los in one place. i step into the garage and see an old guy and a younger guy talking.
i inquire how they cam about to have so many hi-los as i have never seen that many. they state that they belong to customers, and they are repairing some of them. out of curiosity, i ask the name of the shop. the old guy says J and R Repair. MY JAW DROPS
I tell them that they are the ones that i have been reading about on this forum, and only by chance that i actually get to meet them. we talk a bit about the shop and they talk about the experience they have and what all they have done. i talk about how i have had a camper for a couple years and want to start working on it but havent had time due to work. he gets my email so i can send them questions when progress starts.

those 2 were amazing guys. appeared to be very humble (except when they talked about how Camping World calls them asking for free advice on how to work on a hi-lo).

i talked to my mom about this experience. we talked about how my curiosity while on these work trips has allowed me to find many gems! i pity the other guys on my team that don't take the time to explore the area.
Hi

Trying to connect with JR Repairs re my 2398C in Toronto.

Google and forum searches only provide out of date phone number.

Help most appreciated!
Chris Stoute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:02 PM   #8

Chris; The last ph# for J&R was 740-392-1600 and their email is jrrepair@centurylink.net. I took my HiLo to them for repair and have gotten a number of parts from them. They are a great couple of guys.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:44 AM   #9

Default J&R Repairs contact info

Jim

Have been able to contact J&R, thanks to your information!

They have replied positively. I will be sending them photos shortly.

Thanks a million for your help!

Chris

647 247 6733

Chris Stoute is offline   Reply With Quote