Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Lifestyle > Off Topic Lounge
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #1
sam

Default The difference between a campground and a RV resort

I've often wondered why some campgrounds have the title RV resort. Several years ago we stayed at a campsite with RV resort in the title. The bathrooms were somewhat basic. No frills and behind the BR was a utility tub with standing green water. The rec. hall reminded me of the hut from Giligans Island. It was many pieces of what ever they happened to have laying around. Another campground we've been to has nice landscaping,two inground pools and a nice group area with rec. hall. Many amenities and large campsites. We camp at this place every year. Share your experiences.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #2

Sometimes I wonder if they add "RV Resort" to try and lure in people. We have stayed at a KOA a few times and it was nice, they had the bathrooms with showers and a pool, and rec area for added fun for the kids. I have noticed though a few of the campgrounds around here in Arizona are adding flush style bathrooms, with showers which is an added bonus for those of us who don't like to use the trailer services. They weren't "RV Resorts" though, they are state campgrounds.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #3

Campground = $$
RV Resort = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

At least that's what it looks like when I check online for places to camp.

96 24' Hi-Lo Funchaser, (99 Aliner Sofabed Sold 6/9/18)
06 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab 4X4 36,000 miles and counting
garyk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #4

Yeah I agree with the higher costs to stay at a resort versus campground also Gary!
Old 07-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk52 View Post
Campground = $$
RV Resort = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

At least that's what it looks like when I check online for places to camp.
All I expect from an RV park is for it to be clean, have water, electric, and sewage hookup, and hopefully shade trees and a dog walk; and if they perchance have Wi-Fi and Cable TV, that is a nice plus. We can provide our own entertainment. I also expect the cost to be reasonable. If I have to pay as much for an RV slot as a nice motel room, that will be the day I give up RV'ing. I have stopped in a few 'Resorts' in the Pacific Northwest that were priced higher than a nice motel would charge; needless to say, we traveled on down the road. We have found Campgrounds where you get a better deal if you pay a weekly rate versus 3 or 4 days. We have paid that rate even if we are only going to stay 4 or 5 days. It pays to ask or search on the internet and plan your stays ahead.

jcurtis95
Fredericksburg, TX
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #6

Just spent four days (mid Sept) at a Spokane WA RV resort Spokane RV Resort - Deer Park, WA
with our new (to us) '07 220T ... this resort is across the state from our home in the Seattle area. As the advertising suggests accurately this is every bit a 5 star facility. Clean and perfect according to both me and my picky wife. Our site was next to an 18 hole golf course that is superb condition and there are several lakes within 15 to 30 minutes from the resort. Think that I have spoiled her and she will accept nothing less than 5 star RV resorts.
Whizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #7

I guess that she'd probably decline parking in my back yard then, but you are still welcomed to visit with us and share a beer (or 2, 3, 4).

NOTE: Without photos then it doesn't count.

Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote