Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar Electrical components and wiring, batteries, charging systems, generators and solar topics.

Old 05-18-2021, 07:29 PM   #1

Default Breaker box

I have a 1998 Funlite. Where is the circuit breaker box located?

Liz305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:15 PM   #2

Default Circuit breaker location.

I had a 199025ft. Classic. DH says the circuit breaker box and converter were located under the couch on the drivers side. Hope this helps you.

Usagi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 11:06 PM   #3
Site Team

Yes, look for it in that area. It will be definitely on the same side as the shore power cord and at floor level in the lower half. It's located where the converter and fuse panel is also found.

- Jack
Old 05-19-2021, 08:00 AM   #4

I’ve looked there. That’s where the water heater is. It definitely is not visible from inside the camper. I will have to check from the outer compartment. But the fuse panel is in the bathroom cabinet and the breaker box is not in there. I’ve actually checked all cabinets inside and cannot locate the breaker box. Seems odd that it isn’t accessible from inside.
Old 05-19-2021, 09:09 AM   #5
Site Team

Have you found the Converter? That's where it should be. The Converter, besides transforming AC power to 12V DC power, passes the 120V AC power to all the AC powered appliances and outlets. The circuit breakers should be where that power supply is split up and distributed - the Converter.

In my trailer, the water heater is very close to the fresh water tank, which is logical, since it's output has to go through the water pump. The Converter is at the other end of that space, which makes sense too - it should be away from a "wet" area.

The Converter in my trailer is not IN a cabinet. It is behind a black metal panel that is fully exposed and is below the couch.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:18 PM   #6

In my 1999 22' Classic, it's where USAGI said--between the couch and the panel at the side of the fridge, to be exact. The breakers and converter are behind a little removable wood panel, the bottom of which contacts the carpet. If I remember correctly, it's fastened by a bit or two of velcro. There is a vent in it or nearby to dissipate heat from the converter, at least in mine. It seems they try to hide these things behind a piece of paneling that matches the other interior wood.
McKesh Mirrors
Andersen Hitch
anchorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 08:00 PM   #7

Roger,
Thank you!!! That helped so much. It was exactly where you said behind a panel. I had looked everywhere and that thing is hidden well! Problem is solved.
Thanks again,
Elizabeth