Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar Electrical components and wiring, batteries, charging systems, generators and solar topics.

Old 04-12-2024, 07:12 AM   #1

Default Small Switch on Wall in Bathroom

Got my new-to-me 2001 22’ TowLite home last night. I’m trying to figure out all the switches inside and I can’t seem to figure out what the small white switch high up on the rear wall in the bathroom does. I’m not sure if it’s related, but the light fixture over the shower does not work, the bulb is good. The other bathroom lamp works fine.

I am also unable to get the roof vent motor to work. It did work when I looked at the camper a few weeks ago. Not sure on the likely cause of intermittent operation. It’s not a big deal as I need to replace all the original self-lapping sealant on the roof and will replace both the powered and unpowered vents and the shower skylight then. (I’m assuming there is 12v power at the front vent location from the factory; my front fan is unpowered).

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
Nick

NTL1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 04:35 PM   #2

Turn the switch on then turn the switch on the light over the shower

96 24' Hi-Lo Funchaser, (99 Aliner Sofabed Sold 6/9/18)
06 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab 4X4 36,000 miles and counting
garyk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 05:21 PM   #3

Thank you. I thought this might've been a second switch for the shower light but nothing. Light bulb is good. I guess the switch could be bad.
Old 04-16-2024, 09:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTL1991 View Post
(I’m assuming there is 12v power at the front vent location from the factory; my front fan is unpowered).

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
Nick
There ‘should’ be a yellow and white wire at the front vent location. Once you pull the original vent assembly out the wire should be tucked between the fixture and the plywood framing.
Old 04-16-2024, 09:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahnA View Post
There ‘should’ be a yellow and white wire at the front vent location. Once you pull the original vent assembly out the wire should be tucked between the fixture and the plywood framing.
Thank you!

Also, I removed the shower light fixture and found there is power going to the wall switch and to the switch mounted on the fixture itself, and no power coming out of the fixture switch to the bulb holder. I simply cut off the terminal and connected the power feed from the wall switch directly to the bulb. All is well now!