New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-01-2017, 01:01 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Benton Harbor, MI
Posts: 3
Question Broke away my break away brake cable

caught the cable to my 1992 Hi lo on something in my yard. How do I reinstall the pin? Can't find where it goes.
__________________

Honeybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:29 PM   #2
Site Team
 
Treeclimber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SWFL Bonita Springs/Andrews, NC
Posts: 1,261
Default

Usually, it is located within the "A" frame behind the jack. If you can't find it, ya gotta disconnect the Battery! A constant supply of power to the brake magnets can ruin them.
It's a black box and the insert at the end of the cable slides into it from the front. Let me know when things are right.
Tree
__________________

__________________
Treeclimber
2703 Tow Lite
2002 Escalade
Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:09 PM   #3
Site Team
 
JackandJanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pine, AZ
Posts: 3,469
Default

It's a SMALL black box! Do what Tree said and disconnect the battery immediately!

- Jack
__________________
Hi-Lo 1707T - Tire Minder TPMS on Tow Vehicle and Trailer, 300W Solar Battery Charger, Equal-i-zer WDH
2014 F150 Platinum 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost SCrew
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:32 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Benton Harbor, MI
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybear View Post
caught the cable to my 1992 Hi lo on something in my yard. How do I reinstall the pin? Can't find where it goes.
THankyou Treeclimber and JackandJanet for your information. Unfortunately, I didn't know to unhook the battery until I heard back from you, the cable had been undone for a couple of days before I posted to this. I hope no permanent damage is done. I kept trying to raise the Hi Lo and it wouldn't budge.

I did reinstall the pin and now I'm going to charge the battery. Hopefully it will get warm enough today to warm the hydraulics to raise the camper.

Wish me blessings!
Honeybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
Site Team
 
JackandJanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pine, AZ
Posts: 3,469
Default

Wishes sent - I also replied to your PM.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:38 AM   #6
Moderator
 
RichR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NW PA
Posts: 3,347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybear View Post
THankyou Treeclimber and JackandJanet for your information. Unfortunately, I didn't know to unhook the battery until I heard back from you, the cable had been undone for a couple of days before I posted to this. I hope no permanent damage is done. I kept trying to raise the Hi Lo and it wouldn't budge.

I did reinstall the pin and now I'm going to charge the battery. Hopefully it will get warm enough today to warm the hydraulics to raise the camper.

Wish me blessings!
Don't be surprised if the battery is shot and will not take or hold much of a charge. Also, check the brakes, once the battery is fully charged. Easiest way is to pull the breakaway pin and try to pull the trailer. The tires should slide or resist rotation. Be sure to put the pin back in, but I think you know that.
__________________
My Great Wife Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
Formerly owned 1705T and 2310H
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:34 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Rural Route, Gray County, S/W Kansas
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybear, RichR View Post
Don't be surprised if the battery is shot and will not take or hold much of a charge. Also, check the brakes, once the battery is fully charged. Easiest way is to pull the breakaway pin and try to pull the trailer. The tires should slide or resist rotation. Be sure to put the pin back in, but I think you know that.
If it won't take a charge from your charger, you can take it to a Dealer (i.e., Interstate Batteries) and after a 24 Hr. Charge from them it should bring it back to the state it was in previously. Not for the same reason, but I had less than 10 miles on a new battery purchased in May, which I accidentally discharged too far in September. Came back fully as new again. "Our" chargers don't put out enough power to bring them back!
__________________
Formerly 2176B Classic since 1988, needs work!
Now 2600TFB since May 2017
1982 G20 3/4 Ton Chevy Sportvan
Navy Vietnam Vet
Bruce from Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:52 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
hilltool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,205
Default

It may come back- but often they dont hold as much as they did before. Another way to check brakes is jack up each side and spin the wheels while somebody operates the lever on your brake controller in the cab. If the wheels stop you have brakes. If not- you likely have burnt out magnets.

Rick
__________________
2201 TL

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:40 AM   #9
Moderator
 
RichR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NW PA
Posts: 3,347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltool View Post
It may come back- but often they dont hold as much as they did before. Another way to check brakes is jack up each side and spin the wheels while somebody operates the lever on your brake controller in the cab. If the wheels stop you have brakes. If not- you likely have burnt out magnets.

Rick
That's better than my idea.
__________________
My Great Wife Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
Formerly owned 1705T and 2310H
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:43 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Benton Harbor, MI
Posts: 3
Default

Hey Thank you for that information. I'll see if I can get some help from a neighbor.
__________________

Honeybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Hi-Lo Trailers Worldwide or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
HiLoTrailerForum.com Copyright 2010
×