Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > New Member Intros
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 08-27-2023, 01:12 PM   #1

Default Hello, Glad To Find You

Hi!

I'm John. Glad I found you guys since we are running into a couple issues I need help with. Will attach photo's as needed, but here is the run down.

We bought the Hi-Lo we currently live in to replace our Jayco that was destroyed by a branch going through the roof.

For the most part, everything is good in our Hi-Lo BonVoyage. We have 2 issues though.

1. The cover for our skylight broke off and shattered in the move. We need help finding a replacement and install instructions so I can get it repaired and eliminate the janky fix I have in place now.

2. There seems to be a piece missing from the hot water heater that has caused a water leak on the outside of the trailer. I need help figuring out what is needed to repair it.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to keep this stock, with stock parts, as much as possible.

Thanks in advance,
John Price

John Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 01:37 AM   #2
sam

Default welcome to the forum.

Never had to repair my sky light. Post a picture of you hot water tank. I am sure someone will be along to answer your questions.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 04:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
Never had to repair my sky light. Post a picture of you hot water tank. I am sure someone will be along to answer your questions.
Will add pictures tomorrow. Having a bad mental health day so I'm hiding inside until tomorrow.
John Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 02:02 AM   #4

If you have the more or less standard square crank-up skylight, you may want to consider replacing the whole unit with a new Fantastic Fan vent. I replaced one of the two in our 2307C a couple of years ago - took a few hours to do, but was well worth the trouble.