Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 08-08-2023, 05:48 PM   #1

Default KY

Looking right now at 83 16s Funlight for sale in another state. Pics of inside look like close to original with wood and fabrics in great shape. Owner says 2 issues: 1) Back half window broke, no water damage. He is looking at replacing with piece of plexi. 2)A/C not working.
How much would I be looking at to do these repairs and where do you find someone to do it?
I have been looking at A frames for awhile because I currently live in a community with strict HOA and would have to hide in back under deck leading to a full second garage. The hi lo is a lot cheaper. Not sure how the HI Lo compares as per working on grid electrically or using propane for boondocking. Also don't know what type of ball hitch would need. (Van has tow package, 3000) Did find page with brochure, not a manual. Sure have a lot more questions not coming to mind right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230729_153218.jpg (258.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230808-184653_Facebook.jpg (130.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230808-184631_Facebook.jpg (145.3 KB, 6 views)

Watermuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 09:59 PM   #2

The HiLo would be perfect for storing under your deck. If it’s tight getting it back there with your vehicle, you can find motorized Dollie’s that would move a 3,000 pound trailer easily. My first dolly was powered by hooking up an electric drill to a gear on it. When I got a heavier trailer, I upgraded to one with a motor that connects to the trailer battery. They are great for making tight turns in small spaces.

The tow package should be just a standard two inch ball on whatever setup you have on the vehicle. I wouldn’t worry about the repair with plexiglass. Just satisfy yourself that there has been no water damage.

The electric hookup is the same as any other trailer. If you are off-grid, you have 12 volts for lights, furnace, water pump, etc. If you have a site with hookups, you get full power for fridge and A/C.

The propane would fire your stove and oven plus the fridge. The water heater is probably capable of working from the propane or battery if it hasn’t been replaced. Some newer water heaters are 12 volt only, no propane.

Tmjbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 05:49 PM   #3

Assuming the broken window is one of the side windows, it should be flat - if so, any decent auto glass shop should be able to make a replacement in either tempered or laminated safety glass.

Shouldn't be too expensive for one piece of clear glass - couple of years ago, I got a quote from a local glass guy who does a lot of vintage car and street rod glass to make all new tinted laminated safety glass for a '66 Nova station wagon (11 pieces altogether - all 4 doors, both rear side glass panels and the tailgate window) of about $900

Tags
84 16s funlite, a/c repair