Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > New Member Intros
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 01-14-2022, 02:22 PM   #1

Default New HiLo owner! 2008 28c

Hi there! Excited to say after reading all of the insightful info on this site, we are the proud owners of a 2808c for our family of four! This is our first rv and we already love it. We’re planning some full time adventures over the next few months. In the meantime, looking forward to continuing to learn here!

Kovaxination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:31 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome and have fun with your new toy! There's a bunch of people in this forum who are experts on many of the systems and features of your trailer. Don't hesitate to ask your questions when they occur to you.

- Jack

Old 01-14-2022, 02:33 PM   #3

Thank you! Will do.
Old 01-21-2022, 02:19 PM   #4

Smile 280c

Hello and welcome to the forum.
We have owned our 06 280C since 2007 and have enjoyed it as I'm sure you will. I did notice one thing in your pictures that I wanted to bring to your attention. There is a strap on the hinged cover over the tip out that should always be attached with the clamp. It is there to hold the cover down incase a wind gust should try to ripe the cover off, or at least bend the hinge back. Of course, you need to disconnect it before bringing the tip out in.

Good Luck camping and enjoy all there is to see.
rogerssj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 05:14 PM   #5

Default Looks nice!

I love the camper!
VanIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 10:41 PM   #6

Default Welcome to the forum.

We have owned two classic HiILOS. These are the heavier models. Watch the operational videos. My advice that I wish someone had told us is to remove all the windows except the big front curved one. You Tube has a video on how to remove and reseal with butyl tape. Diidn't know to do this and we suffered much water damage. Second piece of advice. Pull all your blinds up for the travel position. Have some great adventures. What is your tow vehicle?
Usagi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 06:42 PM   #7

Thanks for pointing that out Rogerssj! It is broken so I guess Ill need to find a replacement. Any clue where would be best to look?
Old 02-12-2022, 06:42 PM   #8

Thanks VanIam! So do we!
Old 02-12-2022, 06:44 PM   #9

We were able to purchase as a package deal with a 2004 F-250 Superduty diesel which is our first truck. We really like it!
Old 02-12-2022, 10:50 PM   #10

Default Congrats on the truck.

I have4 been reading on the camping forums that used trucks are hard to find. The prices are insane on used and new. We have had three Ford trucks. Our current one is a gas super duty 2015. Your new to you truck should be perfect to pair up with your HiLo. Post a picture.

Usagi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote