Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 08-28-2018, 05:48 AM   #1

Default New member

Hello everyone! We just purchased a 2002 Hi Lo silver 24D! It was in very good condition, and did very minor repairs, seal around A/C unit leaked, roof was starting to crack, so we re-sealed, and the end cap of the awning is a bit broke. I am a bit nervous about a couple of things, the sewage hook-up and empty, and also the electricity hook up to the campsite, turning on the furnace and also the hot water heater. WE have never owned a camper so I don't know how all this works. DH doesn't seem too worried about it though. We are going on our first trip with it this coming holiday weekend!!!! Anyways I'm done rambling, I'm happy to be here!
P.S. I don't know how to insert pictures on the forum

Heidi

Heidiaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:33 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidiaaron View Post
Hello everyone! We just purchased a 2002 Hi Lo silver 24D! It was in very good condition, and did very minor repairs, seal around A/C unit leaked, roof was starting to crack, so we re-sealed, and the end cap of the awning is a bit broke. I am a bit nervous about a couple of things, the sewage hook-up and empty, and also the electricity hook up to the campsite, turning on the furnace and also the hot water heater. WE have never owned a camper so I don't know how all this works. DH doesn't seem too worried about it though. We are going on our first trip with it this coming holiday weekend!!!! Anyways I'm done rambling, I'm happy to be here!
P.S. I don't know how to insert pictures on the forum

Heidi
Welcome to the forum. Check out these videos. They will help you get started.

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f49/...-youtube-1233/

Here's a link to the manual that's close to yours but should help you out.

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f49/...2001-hi-lo-23/

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:40 PM   #3

Smile Thank you

Thank you for thd link to the videos, I will be sure to have DH watch them!
Old 08-28-2018, 07:28 PM   #4
sam

Default Welcome to the forum.

It is a very good idea to have a multimeter and check your pedestal at the campsite before plugging in. If you are out camping and have questions most campers with TT are friendly and willing to help. The state parks in NY have a camper assistance program. Cap signs are at the site. This person/couple are there to help with problems and can give advice for tourist destinations in the area. Have a great maiden voyage. We are a friendly group and love to help out and answer questions. Find the make of your awning. Look on the internet and you may be able to get an end cap.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:39 PM   #5

Thank you Sam for the advise! I have looked for the end cap and have found it, unfortunately it won't be here before we leave, but that's OK, at least I know I can get it!
Old 09-17-2018, 11:05 AM   #6

We had a 2402D for 10n years. It went everywhere with us.
You mention a leak around the AC. We had to have our entire roof replaced by Josh at https://hilotrailerparts.webs.com/ . Suggest you call him - very knowledgeable.
Also, the telescoping pipe in the corner of the bathroom to vent the blackwater tank---it didn't
telescope well, and the top bracket broke, allowing smell to enter the trailer. I installed a rummer connector at the top held by screw-clamps, which allowed it the flrex to move as it telescoped. Was still working well after 10 years. If youm want to talk further, contact me off-list. Les
lesmavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:41 PM   #7
sam

Default How did your maiden voyage go?

Do you still need advice on how something operates? We are here for you. Many of us have owned our HiLos for years and come across first time situations and find ourselves asking questions.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote