Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 08-06-2020, 08:41 AM   #1

Default New member from Oregon

Good morning,

I purchased a 1999 24’ towlite. Took it out for a week camping and brought along the grandkids. They slept in the drop down bunk and loved it, but one of them kicked the other off in the middle of the night (imagine that!!) Thankfully no one was hurt. She landed smack dab in the middle of the floor between the two couches (I didn’t have them made into the king bed). I will search around and see if anyone has posted some form of guard rail solution :-)

I took it into the shop and had the toilet valve replaced and they tore apart the fridge and had to repair/replace the igniter so that it would run on gas. Excited to take it out this weekend with everything running! I did add a cell signal booster (we are usually in dispersed or primitive campgrounds}I noticed it only has one battery so curious how long that will last if I’m running the pump, fridge on gas, occasional lights, and the signal booster a few hours a day.

Anyone I’ve been reading some of the threads and have found some really great information so thank you all for sharing!! It’s so helpful.

Have a good day, Kristi

Kearhart16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 12:00 PM   #2
sam

Default Welcome to the forum.

Some have bought a toddler railing to put on the bunk bed. Best of luck in all your adventures. To answer your question about the battery. Some have added a second battery or used a generator.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote