Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 07-30-2018, 11:36 PM   #1

Question New to Hi-Lo...1965 Hi-lo Bon Voyage 1000

Hi everybody, I'm new to the hi-lo community. Just bought a 1965 Hi-Lo Bon Voayage 1000. Its missing some inside components.....water tank..battery hookups..motor to run lift....and needs some work.. Anyways I cranked it up when I went to look at it and all was fine...but when I got it home and went to crank it up 3 cables snapped.
Question is I cannot find anything on this model on how to replace the cables. Does anyone have a manual for this model...I have looked on here but cannot find one that's like my model.
Thanks in advance. I used jacks and have the camper in the up position supported by 2x4s on the frame

Kimjgott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 12:18 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Welcome to the forum. Hi-Lo specific parts are available at the links below. You can always manufacture your own cables as well.

Home - JR REPAIR

https://hilotrailerparts.webs.com/

Cable replacement should be the same.

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f22/...djustment-125/

Look in the reference library for a year model manual that is close to yours and it should get you in the ballpark. The owners manuals didn't change much between the years.

Hi-Lo Owners Manual - Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 01:59 PM   #3

I have looked in the reference library and found a couple models close to my year but the cable system on those are different from mine. My hand crank is in the rear not on the side.
Kimjgott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:47 PM   #4

dont matter if its on side or rear same routine to replace all 4 cables which u must do. nice to meet you if i can help i am maestsro123 look under 1964 i found free in a field ttyl need help just ask they didnt come with motors for lift back then unless you got a spcial one i dont think may be wrong tho lol
maestro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #5

Default tony little gazelle edge rear Replacement swing Cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimjgott View Post
Hi everybody, I'm new to the hi-lo community. Just bought a 1965 Hi-Lo Bon Voayage 1000. Its missing some inside components.....water tank..battery hookups..motor to run lift....and needs some work.. Anyways I cranked it up when I went to look at it and all was fine...but when I got it home and went to crank it up 3 cables snapped.
Question is I cannot find anything on this model on how to replace the cables. Does anyone have a manual for this model...I have looked on here but cannot find one that's like my model.
Thanks in advance. I used jacks and have the camper in the up position supported by 2x4s on the frame
dear tony mny 5/16 steel ropes are available on net and perhaps Tow Lite company. The trouble in installation is to find a mechanic the under stands hydraulics to install at proper heigh of trailer otherwise it could lift to high and whamo of your pulleys at top wall box sections. I will see if I can find some for you cheaper that Tow lite ?

Old man swanson

retired minister
jwswans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:41 PM   #6

Ps I have a nice 1972 most parts can be found on net after proper searches are made by correct names for parts even hydraulic cylinders & elec parts many are at auto parts stores or ebay etc.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimjgott View Post
Overhead Lifting :: Aircraft Cable & Connectors :: Galvanized Aircraft Cable - Rigging.com

Aircraft type is flexible not all wire cable is suitable for Lifting heavy objects so make sure it is a lift wire rope cable . Proper terms are very keen in getting proper parts.