Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > New Member Intros
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 01-15-2024, 08:55 PM   #1

Default So i bought a 1969 unknown for about 300 on market place

My name is max, and I bought a hi lo for about 300 dollars cash from someone in my area. it's almost completely gutted as all of the appliances are gone as well as the furniture with the exception of a bed and a couch. Given that i paid 300 for this, how, and I cannot stress this enough, how much of a pain in the *** will this be?

TheLiqour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 09:22 AM   #2

Welcome Max! It is hard to say without more information. If the roof has leaked and the ceiling or walls are soft and spongy, you could be looking at replacing all the damaged areas.

Interior wise, you can design it to fit your needs and make it how ever you desire.

Are the holding tanks still there and the interior wiring?

What size is it? Can you post a couple pictures of it?

Old 01-25-2024, 03:30 PM   #3

I rebuild a 2007 25C a few years back. Walls, roof, etc. And within a few years the roof deteriorated and leaked like a mother. I have had it under a tarp for a number of years and looking to rebuild again, I just love the clamshell design for where I like to camp (off road, off grid) and tired of dragging a 30' standard height. This time I will replace many components with composite and still looking for ideas on a solid roof, that rubber roll on is a joke! Good luck!
wolfster101 is offline   Reply With Quote