Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Forum Support | Suggestion Box and News Announcements, forum news, account help and member suggestions.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:32 PM   #1

Default So Long

Papa here. I guess it's time that I sign off of the Hi Lo Forum. About 10 years ago my sweet wife and I decided that the monster 5th wheel camper was just too bug for us. Some friends had purchased a Hi Lo and we liked the features. After some time looking I spotted one on E-Bay that was listed by an RV dealer in Jacksonville, FL. It didn't sell on E-Bay so I called him and we made a deal and headed to Jacksonville to see it. It was just what we wanted so we purchased our 2805C. Many wonderful trips, met many wonderful people, some Hi Lo owners some not, and others that were just curious. Never forget one gentleman at at gas station thinking it was a camper for little people. So I went along with that one. We had many many wonderful memories in our Hi Lo and were able to take many of our 18 grandchildren camping. Early on I named the area under the tip out couch as "the cave". All the grandchildren wanted to sleep in Papa's cave. Then in 2015 we got the dreaded news that the wife had cancer. She lived two months. Since then interest in the Hi Lo subsided and it just sat in the back yard. So last month I sold my beloved Hi Lo. We loved it and you. Now I sign off this forum and thank all who helped me over the years. Blessings always, Papa

Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:12 PM   #2

Papa
Very sorry for your loss.
Life is so short. live/love it up.

Last week my wife was not able to go camping with me for the first time in many years.
She has copd, etc and requires constant O2.
Last week I went alone. It was just wrong.

steve

kd7ctk
renoites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:44 PM   #3

Thanks Steve, Sorry to hear about your wife's COPD and just prayed for her and you hoping y'all will be able camp together in the future. I didn't try it by my self. Just couldn't bring myself to try it. Told my best friend today that we had many great trips and met so man wonderful people plus seeing God's creation out in nature. Can understand you saying it was just wrong.
May God Bless you both,
Papa
Old 10-06-2017, 05:31 PM   #4

The best to you, glad you have the memories and stories in your book.
Bravada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:27 PM   #5

Papa, You don't have to leave, you can stay with the forum. Remember, if the Lord takes you to it, He will get you thru it. The wife and I remember you and your wife from the Sevierville Rally in 2012. Everything was "beautiful" if I remember correctly. Here's hoping all goes well with your future endeavors. P.S.-Enjoy the cabin.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:01 AM   #6

Hey Papa, so sorry to hear about your wife. I understand you selling your Hi-Lo because I would do the same if anything happened to my husband. It would be too sad to look at it. However, you do have wonderful memories with your wife and grandchildren and funny stories like the "camper for little people"! I wish you well and hope you still check in on the forum. Once in the Hi-Lo family, always in the Hi-Lo family. Your name IS Papa, right?
Snappy Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:51 PM   #7

Thanks Bob. I remember you also and thinking your wife's name is Jane? Hope that's correct. Yes fond memories of Sevierville Rally and meeting so many wonderful Hi Lo owners. Had hoped to travel a lot more but the Lord had other plans of us. Appreciate your remembering me and your kind words. Blessings from SC, Papa
Old 10-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #8

Wife of Snappy Tom, yes there are many many memories of camping in out Hi Lo. I have 18 grandchildren and while not all got to camp with Mimi and Papa many did. And all gave me special memories that I'll not soon forget. Thanks you for the kind words. And yes I'm "Papa" and endear it very much. Blessings, Papa
Old 10-15-2017, 05:19 PM   #9

so sorry! mike if i can help let me know!
maestro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 04:56 AM   #10

Thanks for all your “help” on this site-I know you have offered much support and experience. Blessings as you carry on. Please do check back - keep those sweet memories of camping with your love alive. God Bless!
Elaine and Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 08:28 AM   #11

Sorry to hear of your loss. I can fully appreciate not camping solo. I would be the same way if I lost my partner. Please consider staying on with the group. You can still help others with some of your valuable advise and experience. Keep enjoying those grandchildren!
Harmony Lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:13 AM   #12

So so Sorry ...Keep in touch
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:01 PM   #13

Sorry to see you leave the forum. You were one who always had good advise. Happy trails!

Jean C is offline   Reply With Quote