Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Trading Post > Hi-Lo's for sale
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hi-Lo's for sale Selling a Hi-Lo or links to Hil-Lo's for sale

Old 04-26-2024, 04:31 PM   #1

Post 1707T 17' Hi-Lo for Sale - Remodeled - $8,000 OBO

Hi all,
I've had an absolute blast in my Hi-Lo 17 footer, but now I am getting married and moving out of the country so I can't take it with me (and could use the extra cash for the wedding ). I've wanted to take it on one last trip this camping season but with the wedding and move scheduled, it may not happen. So I'm posting out here for feelers. If I don't sell, I may keep it for another season and try to find a time to come back to take one last trip!!

Here's some pictures and my story with this camper is below:

Belleplain State Forest, NJ 2020
hilo1.jpg
hilo2.jpg

Voluntown, CT 2021
hilo3.jpg
hilo4.jpg

Sugarloaf Mountain, NH 2021
hilo5.jpg
hilo6.jpg

A Friendly Neighborhood Walmart, OH 2022
hilo7.jpg

Upstate, NY 2023
hilo8.jpg
hilo9.jpg
hilo10.jpg

To say the least, I've poured my heart into this camper...so it's a bit hard to let go. I purchased it in "good" condition and told I need to replace the wallpaper on one side because it was sagging, but when I arrived home I found it had extensive water damage...all over. So I decided to rebuild the camper by stripping it down to the frame before I took it out on it's first trip. To say the least, it was a HUGE project - took about 3 months to complete. The pictures above are the rebuilt camper. It isn't perfect, but its been holding up throughout the years.

In addition to the rebuild, I also did a remodel while I was at it. The most significant part of the remodel was the bathroom, which I completely reorganized to what made much more sense to me - I didn't want to sit on the toilet while showering!!!

I also redid the kitchen area with a larger bar-style sink for better dish washing capabilities. I added a 3 solar panel 300-Watt solar system and a 300AH LiFePO4 battery with meter and an inverter system with automatic failover to battery for the 120v outlets when unplugged from curb/camp power. This means that all the outlets in the camper work off battery when you're on the road which I found pretty useful as I traveled the entire USA while working remotely.

I also have a cell booster setup on the original TV antenna for those patchier areas.

I can keep going so here's more of a list form:
  • Updated rear lights with 2 more LED lights higher up
  • Added flood-style LED lights around the camper, controlled via remote.
  • Updated nearly all the lights to LED, interior and "porch" light.
  • Added an additional fan above the drop down bed / table area for added circulation.
  • Added a Fantastic fan in place of the crappy above kitchen fan
  • Added dome in bathroom area to add more headspace to shower area
  • Added fan in bathroom above toilet
  • Added window in bathroom so it feels less clustrophobic (it also opens)
  • Added "hard" door for bathroom which attaches and removes quickly for travel
  • Added updated shower head and controls with temp display
  • Removed crappy pipe system for bathroom which needed to be installed and removed each setup, and replaced with a pipe and cable system that is flexible.
  • Updated roof vent in bathroom to one that follows the wind.
  • Cut sink area in half to accommodate toilet and a full shower tub without a toilet in it.
  • Installed a toilet with a self-created mechanism to "turn" out of the way when showering for more space.
  • Resealed and repainted hydraulic cylinder (at a hydraulic shop) for raising camper as the previous one was leaking.
  • Added TV mount + TV that folds against the wall during travel.
  • Added spice rack in kitchen area.
  • Repainted multiple times throughout the years the rubber roof coating for leak-free operation.
  • Stored under waterproof cover when not in use.
  • Upgraded digital thermostat in living room.
  • Added timer-based hot-water Gas switch so that it is only on when you are using it.
  • Recharged and cleaned AC (my brother is an HVAC tech, so he did it for me)
  • Added propane line for using a small generator in the rear of the camper joined into the propane system at the front of the camper.
  • Added a water recycling system + additional tank
  • Cleaned and replaced starter on gas furnace.
  • Bought new spare tire
  • Installed keypad and remote lock for main door (also includes two keys)
  • Added one of those folding 'foots' for the front leg
  • Added hook for main door to stay open and the screen door part to close for nicer days outdoors
  • Added Radio antenna and Amateur radio system with repeater inside
  • Added electric heater to bathroom (separate local thermostat)
  • Added motion activated lighting to cabinets
  • Added little door to access storage area under one of the table couch seats

I probably missed some things but as you can tell, I made this my home away from home and spent MONTHS on the road at a time ever since my job went remote in 2020.

Known issues:
The gray (not black) water tank has a slight crack. Needs to be sealed or replaced. Though I've found its not a major issue as it is just gray water dripping a bit.
The laminated exterior bulges a bit on the passenger side of the camper due to thicker insulation I used after repairing the water damage. The outside of the camper isn't "pretty" in my opinion, but it hasn't had any issues through the years I've used it.

Delivery:
I may offer to deliver the camper to you if you offer to cover the cost of a tow vehicle rental. My Tow Vehicle was a 2011 and then a 2016 Ford Explorer (which I've already sold).

Tumblestuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 04:49 PM   #2

Default More pics

I was limited to 10 pics in my original post so here are some more:

Replaced hydraulic cylinder:
hilo11.jpg

The original water damage (which I thought was only on this wall but turned out to be everywhere) and the work involved in rebuilding:

hilo12.jpg

hilo13.jpg

hilo14.jpg

hilo15.jpg

hilo16.jpg

Bathroom Rebuild:
hilo17.jpg
hilo18.jpg
hilo19.jpg
hilo20.jpg

Old 04-26-2024, 05:26 PM   #3

Since I can't upload videos here, I'm including some gifs of the interior after the remodel. Sorry for the crappy quality but the max gif size here is 2mb

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

VID_20201118_212105-ezgif.com-optimize.gif

VID_20201118_213104-ezgif.com-speed.gif

ezgif.com-speed.gif
Old 04-27-2024, 12:07 AM   #4
sam

Default Welcome to the forum.

I can appreciate all your hard work rebuilding and remodeling. DH and I had to repair water damage. Best of luck with your wedding and move to another country.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 11:51 AM   #5

If you decide to return to the U.S. you may wish to keep it in storage as no other camper will ever be as good as this one. I did not appreciate how much I used my 15' Hi Lo until I sold it then purchased a poorly build new one which has required hours of work even prior to my first camping trip.

Spend less for your wedding !!!
RICHARD1943 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1707, 1707t, 17ft, 2007, for sale