Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Trading Post > Hi-Lo's for sale
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hi-Lo's for sale Selling a Hi-Lo or links to Hil-Lo's for sale

Old 08-02-2021, 07:49 PM   #1

Default 2310H Hi-Lo for sale

This trailer is in great condition, it has been maintained well and the tires are new last season. It has been great because it tows well and is small enough to get away, but large enough to have all of the amenities. We used it for 6 years after buying it from the original owner. We have only used it once a year over the last couple of years as the kids are getting older and one is off to college.
Dry weight 4200 lbs.
Asking $20,000, OBO
Location is Las Vegas
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 0FF7D82F-8BDE-4593-B98D-F28369D703E5.pdf (16.10 MB, 158 views)
File Type: pdf 46321087-D849-478D-814A-4BCCB3F3061A.pdf (18.29 MB, 99 views)
File Type: pdf F624EC96-44D4-4F23-914F-FC8FC592DAF3.pdf (17.79 MB, 84 views)

Daveray1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 08:24 PM   #2

What is the tongue weight ? What is your tow vehicle ? Have you taken it into the mountains above 10,000' ? Do you have a weight distribution hitch or sway bar ? How have you maintained the cables ? How old are the batteries ? When were the bearings last packed (greased)? Which tires are on the trailer ? Some are only rated for towing at 60 mph while others are rated for 70+ mph. How has it been protected from the Nevada sun ? Any more information ?

RICHARD1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 08:29 PM   #3

Does one person need to crawl over the other to get out of bed if they need to get up during the night ? Does this have a queen bed ? Sorry for asking so many questions as I should be able to find this information elsewhere.

Richard
Old 08-15-2021, 04:40 PM   #4

Yes, if you go to hilotrailer.com, click on “Then”, click on the decade you are looking for. I love this site. It has all the floor plans and specifications for every model.
Tmjbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 12:11 PM   #5

He Richard, sorry for the delay. My cell is 702-400-0283.
We love this trailer. It does have sway bars and I believe that the dry weight is around 4200 and tongue weight is 200o or so...sorry(I have a Tacoma truck that tows it great)
As far as towing, I buy the expensive tires that are rated for high way speed.In Utah, the limit is 80. The tires have two trips on them from here to Ventura. I recently packed the bearings and the battery is also from last year. The bed is a full size queen and I just boutht the mattress pad for our last trip(ironic), but yes it would be crawl over. There is also a fullsize drop down bunk above the bed and the dining room table is a twin+. I have done my best to maintain the trailer and everything is intact. The sun has slightly faded the colors, but I did keep it covered for the first several years. The first trip we did was from Las Vegas, to the beach, to Sequoia, to Tahoe, to Yellowstone, to glacier and back. It was an amazing trip and so many memories. My oldest is off to college and we have only been using it for 1 trip a year over the last two years. Happy to discuss.
Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-17-2021, 12:30 AM   #6

Daveray1, upon examination of Hi-Lo's catalog for 2010 (see catalog in library in this forum), there is no 2310T, but instead is a 2310H model. In addition, in the floor plan of the brochure, there is a sofa which folds out with a mattress, but no free-standing bed for dedicated use. There are dimensions recited for various items.
Dee Tillotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:49 AM   #7

Daveray 1, I'll call today or you call at your convenience. I am considering flying to las Vegas to see the Hi Lo and make a decision. I have a 4.0 L 4 Runner which may not be powerful enough to tow this 2310. I need your thoughts.

Richard Wheeler 303-995-6020
Old 08-17-2021, 10:20 AM   #8
Site Team

I'm going to add that I think the tongue weight estimate is too light too. It should be between 10-15% of the total trailer weight to prevent trailer sway, which can be a disaster when towing. So, the tongue weight would be between 420-610# at the trailer's "dry" weight (which is probably lower than the actual weight you'd see if you weighed it on a CAT scale). The ideal tongue weight is about 12.5% of the total trailer weight.

I suspect if you weighed that trailer on a scale in its running condition, you'd find it weighs about 5000#.

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here, but it's my experience that trailer manufactrurers, dealers and so on commonly underste the weight of their products and, vehicle manufacturers commonly emphasize the towing trailer weight capacity of their vehicles while minimizing the tongue weight limitation that impacts the tow vehicle's axles.

- Jack
Old 08-17-2021, 12:30 PM   #9

Jack, as always I appreciate your input from years of experience. This morning I spoke with the mechanic who specializes in Toyota and Lexus plus has years of experience in towing trailers and other vehicles. The fire department even asks him to drive and evaluate their wildland fire trucks by driving off road.

He highly recommended I purchase a vehicle with an eight cylinder engine. I know he is correct as we both live above 7,700' between Evergreen and Conifer.

I'll pass on both trailer and a more powerful vehicle and search for something I can pull behind my 4.0 L, 2005 4 Runner. After staying in multiple hotels this year I am about ready to get back in the woods. Hotels cannot find people to clean rooms and I have to plan my meals in advance which is more difficult than when using a camper.

Since I remain on this forum I learn about what I should have been doing the past ten years. As I and with people who have looked at the newer trailers I am more convinced of how well the Hi Los were constructed.

Patience has never been my greatest virtue.

Again, thanks for stepping in with practical information.

Richard
Old 08-17-2021, 01:13 PM   #10
Site Team

Richard, I think you are wise to pass on that one.

In actuality though, I suspect your 4Runner MAY be powerful enough to "PULL" that trailer, although you'd probably be in 1st gear going up any hill, especially where you live. BUT, i'm pretty sure the tongue weight of that trailer would add so much load to your 4Runner (even with a WDH) that it would overload your axle limits. As an aside, you have to add in the weight of a WDH too - mine is 70#.

I've been very happy pulling my 17ft HiLo with an F150 with the 3.5L Ecoboost engine. I don't think I've ever seen it drop below 4th gear pulling up steep grades (6-7%). However, the trailer has a measured tongue weight of close to 450# (it weighs about 3500# in the normal towing condition), and this means I have to be a bit careful about how much cargo I carry in the truck with my Wife and me aboard.

My truck's "empty" (normal) weight with me and a full tank of gas is about 6500#, but it has a gross weight (axle) limit of only around 7200#. That's the real limitation when you're looking at tow vehicle/trailer combinations.

I've upped my truck's tire load ratings, but I'm right at the axle limits. I suspect there's a margin of safety built in there, and so far, I've not had any problems.

Looking around, I suspect there are a LOT of tow vehicles out there that are running above their load limits.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 04:07 PM   #11

Jack, I know, and the towing companies also know this. Last year while camping at Leadville I saw several six cylinder vehicles which had pulled what I consider too large campers. A lady I know had a ( I think 24' Coleman) she towed behind a six cylinder Nissan. Others I spoke with said they had no issues. I have not spoken to them since.

That was when one of my cables broke which took me a couple of weeks to get parts and repair it. Only then did I learn that I should have been greasing the cables from the top by removing some of the inside trim. The three other cables appeared fine but a bit rusty. I later told the buyer that he should consider replacing the other cables asap. Ironically, until months later I had not seen information about the proper location of where to grease the cables. I think it came from you and not any manual.

Not my problem now.

I have also had an opportunity to have a different tow vehicle being 'wagged' by the tail' trailer. Fortunately I pulled out of that one without incident. These are the things that continually reinforce my belief in God.

Richard
Old 08-18-2021, 05:45 PM   #12

Thanks Jack,
I did not have access to my manual, I appreciate the information. I have pulled the Hi Lo several times with my Toyota Tacoma which has a v-6 and it has been perfect. It definitely uses more gas.
Old 08-18-2021, 05:49 PM   #13

Good Luck Richard, if you do change your vehicle or your mind, feel free to reach out.
702-400-0283. Like I mentioned to Richard, my Tacoma is fine, but it is the v-6 TRD package with the beefed up suspension and towing package. 702-400-0283.
Old 08-18-2021, 05:51 PM   #14

How do I edit the post? I would like to change it to 2310H, as I made a typo....
Also, thank you for clarifying everything.
Old 08-18-2021, 11:28 PM   #15
Site Team

Dave, I changed the title to 2310H. For some reason, in this forum, you can't do it once the post has been active for a bit. I'm sure your trailer will be sold soon. Sounds a great unit.

- Jack
Old 08-19-2021, 12:13 AM   #16

Jack/Janet -- X2. The 2010 H Models have a very futuristic styling; my son likes the H Model design for the various sizes of the 2010 models. But he wanted something new right from the factory, so he purchased an Airstream. Dee
Old 08-19-2021, 10:20 AM   #17

Thanks Jack, It is great, just not being used. I actually located it on this forum and flew to Illinois, drove to Wisconsin to drive it back to Las Vegas. I wish I could use it more often.
Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-19-2021, 10:21 AM   #18

Way to go for your son, Airstreams are pricey, but cool.
Old 08-19-2021, 10:40 AM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveray1 View Post
Way to go for your son, Airstreams are pricey, but cool.
However, I've read several times that they develop leaks - badly! I also cannot help but wonder how the temperature inside reacts to that aluminum skin in the sun, especially in the desert!

- Jack
Old 08-19-2021, 04:09 PM   #20

Airstreams might leak but if I could afford one I would risk it.

- Beach

Tags
clean, great condition., light, reliable