Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Trading Post > Hi-Lo's wanted
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hi-Lo's wanted Looking for a Hi-Lo? Tell us what you want.

Old 03-26-2024, 06:28 PM   #1

Default Looking for a Hi-Lo in Florida and region

I've decided I want a Hi-Lo. If you're interested in selling please let me know. I'm located in Jacksonville, but willing to travel up to 250 miles, possibly farther if the trailer is nice enough.

Shaihulud2090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 03:32 AM   #2
sam

Default More information needed.

What is your tow vehicle? Do you want a Towlite or a Classic? What length do you need? Look in the library section for layouts. Use the buyers check list to check out a HiLo.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 04:18 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply Sam. I have a 2006 Tundra V8. I've been looking at towlites but classic is fine.
Old 03-28-2024, 09:29 PM   #4
sam

Default Best of luck in your search.

Classic HILOS are heavier. When you get a HiLo weigh it fully loaded for camping. Often times they are heavier than the stated weight in the brochure.I have owned three Ford trucks. Our current truck is 6.2 liters v8. F250. It likes to gulp gas. See your door sticker for how much you can carry. I hope one comes available near you. It would be worth it even if you have to travel to get one.
Old 03-30-2024, 08:44 PM   #5

My truck has the factory tow package. It's rated for 7,000lbs tow with about a 700lbs tongue weight.

I just picked up 2006 Towlite Hi-Lo today. In fair to good condition. It's Gvwr is 5500lbs. That's what I was targeting as the max tow weight I was wiling to tow. Looks like the truck is handling it well.
Old 03-31-2024, 01:12 AM   #6
sam

Default Congrats on finding a HiLo.

Go through everything and do your preventive maintenance. The best tip i can give you is to pull all the windows and realign with butyl tape. Lexell caulk is used on the outside window. I was able to purchase mine at ACE hardware or on line. This will hopefully prevent soggy walls. You Tube has a tutorial on how to do this. DH just used Lexell caulk to fix the caulk around our bath tubs. Worth every penny. We are here to answer any questions you may have.
Old 03-31-2024, 09:01 PM   #7

I've not been able to find that video.

I've also seen mention of the operational videos in the "library" of this site. I've not see a library. I've tried searching for them and cannot find that.

Can't you help me find he video on the windows and the operational videos?
Old 03-31-2024, 11:20 PM   #8
Site Team

The videos are in this thread: https://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f49...-youtube-1233/ Go to Post #3 in that thread to see them all. They are in the "Reference Library" section of this forum, which is here: https://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f6/ There is a wealth of information in that section.

There is supposedly a utube video online that discusses removing and resealing windows in a camper. It is not something that is specific to HiLos - all campers need this at times.

- Jack
Old 04-03-2024, 08:40 PM   #9

Thank you very much for that information.