Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Trading Post > Other stuff wanted
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Other stuff wanted Looking for something for your Hi-Lo? let us know.

Old 02-27-2024, 03:34 PM   #1

Default 2007 curved front window

I am looking for a curved front window for a 2007. Not sure what other years they used the same window.

I have a 2007 Classic 23C with a crack in it. So I figured I might as well start looking for a replacement.

It is approximately 68“ x 24“

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 05BE2A7B-3468-4E68-87A7-56F8C21403A2.jpg (109.5 KB, 5 views)

Old 02-27-2024, 11:42 PM   #2
sam

Default Curved front window.

Just a guess on my part. I would ask a glass shop if they can make one for you. Sorry it is cracked. Rock guards for the front window are a good idea.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 07:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
Just a guess on my part. I would ask a glass shop if they can make one for you. Sorry it is cracked. Rock guards for the front window are a good idea.
Yes the rock guard is a good idea. This camper has always had the rock guard on it, I just removed it for the rebuild. Not sure how it was cracked, it has been that way since I acquired it.

I’m not sure a glass company can bend that much of a bow it one, but it won’t hurt to ask.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:04 AM   #4
Site Team

I wonder if one can be made of polycarbonate? While I like the looks of the curved front glass on the HiLos, I really appreciate my flat, slatted front window that can be opened for ventilation. And, the rigid rock guard that covers it is a great awning when camping.

- Jack
Old 02-28-2024, 04:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
I wonder if one can be made of polycarbonate? While I like the looks of the curved front glass on the HiLos, I really appreciate my flat, slatted front window that can be opened for ventilation. And, the rigid rock guard that covers it is a great awning when camping.

- Jack
Hmm, polycarbonate might just work. Once I get everything back together I may follow up on that idea. I am not too concerned, there is no crack on the outer layer of the glass, just on the inner layer. I may have the glass company do a stop drill (or I might do it myself.)

I was just rather hoping someone was getting ready to scrap their HiLo and I could get a replacement glass and just keep it on hand.
Old 02-28-2024, 04:43 PM   #6
Site Team

Possibly, you could fill that crack with windshield repair epoxy that cures under UV light. I think the epoxy fluid would spread into the crack through capillary action and once cured, it would stop further spread and would make the crack fairly unnoticeable. I used that stuff on a rock induced star crack that happened on my Honda, and it has totally fixed the crack and I only notice it when I look for it (and it's nearly right in front of me).

The problem I'm seeing in replacement (as I'm sure you are also seeing) is getting a properly sized window with that exact curvature. I think HiLo adopted a poor design idea here.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Possibly, you could fill that crack with windshield repair epoxy that cures under UV light. I think the epoxy fluid would spread into the crack through capillary action and once cured, it would stop further spread and would make the crack fairly unnoticeable. I used that stuff on a rock induced star crack that happened on my Honda, and it has totally fixed the crack and I only notice it when I look for it (and it's nearly right in front of me).

The problem I'm seeing in replacement (as I'm sure you are also seeing) is getting a properly sized window with that exact curvature. I think HiLo adopted a poor design idea here.

- Jack
a glass shop can repair small chips and not sure how big yours is but can check
Lwwilltravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 12:18 AM   #8

A few years ago I looked into getting a similar replacement curved windshield made for a car restoration project I was considering (we have a 2307 C so I know exactly what you have) - at that time there were zero companies in the US that could do it, one or two in Europe and a couple in Asia. Cost for to have a single piece made was prohibitive - about $3k if I remember correctly.