Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Curious about Hi-Lo Campers? Thinking about buying a Hi-Lo camper, curious, have questions? Ask them here

Old 04-08-2015, 10:03 PM   #1

Default Inside scratches from raising and lowering

I'm interested in a 95 22' they are disclosing scrapes and scratches they say are from lowering and raising. I've never seen this before when I looked at pics, does that mean it is not aligning right, was possibly wrecked? I know how to tell if a car was wrecked, is there a way you can tell with a hi lo trailer?

Conifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:46 PM   #2
sam

Default Welcome to the forum

I have a 1990 25ft. Classic. One of my walls isn't perfect after some water damage repair. The wall paper is scraped off in some spots. After raising up I have a nice wall hanging that is put up with 3M command strips. I have seen other HiLOS that have left a black streak on the curtains. It is possible that the curtain rods could cause scratches. Could you post a picture of the scratches?

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conifer View Post
I'm interested in a 95 22' they are disclosing scrapes and scratches they say are from lowering and raising. I've never seen this before when I looked at pics, does that mean it is not aligning right, was possibly wrecked? I know how to tell if a car was wrecked, is there a way you can tell with a hi lo trailer?
You should check to see if the glide blocks are broken. They are the pieces on the upper half that run on the vertical tracks on the lower half. They keep everything aligned between the upper and lower half.

Web Store
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:50 PM   #4

Thanks guys. This forum rocks!
I was mostly worried at first about accident damage as with cars that can be a reliability problem down the road, cosmetically it doesn’t bother me. It lowers and raises fine now that they replaced the cables. The seller is using an ebay resale store and won’t allow the trailer out, so I can’t take it to an RV place for an inspection. I checked it out myself Saturday and there are also cracks in the outside siding, not deep but several inches long, with the possibility of water having gone in there. Thinking of getting a mildew test kit. Overall it looks nice, lots of little dings and cracks, some lights don’t work, the AC only blows on medium, the heat blows but doesn’t get warm, the frig feels only a little bit cold. There was a wet spot under the hydraulic, supposedly from filling it.
I am very much on the fence about buying this trailer. It is still winterized so I can’t test the plumbing. They want 5k (Nada is 4600), there are only 2 in Colorado right now, the other an 88 so they do seem somewhat rare. I wonder if more will pop up as we go into the season and how much hi season will drive up the price. All can be fixed, but with already over blue book I wonder if it’s worth it.
Any opinions and advice are appreciated, I am totally new to this and want to be smart with a tight budget.

pics at Trailer – Chloe Clemens' Dog Blog
Old 04-13-2015, 09:30 PM   #5
sam

Default Should I buy this HiLo?

The short answer is no. It was helpful that you took and posted pictures. !st. problem is he won't let you have it dropped off for inspection at an RV place. It is overpriced for the condition. If you need a new ref. It could cost you $give or take 800.00. The AC unit could also cost you some big bucks to replace. Look up the price of replacement ac units. You could have water damage from the cracks in the exterior fiberglass. My gut feeling is other units will come along for sale. You may have to do some traveling. Should be more units for sale as we get into the better weather.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:45 PM   #6
Site Team

I agree totally with Sam - the trailer is WAY overpriced for the condition you describe and its age. Don't walk, run away!

- Jack
Old 04-16-2015, 02:47 PM   #7

Thanks so much for the advice. As much as I want one right this minute =) I'll keep looking. If anyone hears about one in the 4-5k range with the king bed, I'm all ears.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conifer View Post
Thanks so much for the advice. As much as I want one right this minute =) I'll keep looking. If anyone hears about one in the 4-5k range with the king bed, I'm all ears.
Hi Conifer,
You may want to post in the "Hi-Lo's Wanted" section. Let us know what you are looking for, price range, how far you are willing to travel from your location, etc. That we we can be on the lookout as well!

Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote