Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 11-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #1

Default Help

I just bought an 88 hi lo and although I have a full tank of prop any and I can get the fan on the furnace to come on I can't get any heat to blow through. Is their a switch to have the heat start? I've searched it all over and can't even find the actual furnace. It didn't come with an owners manual. Please help!!

Reikiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #2

Welcome to the Forum!

Look on the thermostat for a little lever that turns the power on/off. It may be on the bottom side and it can take a bit of force to move it. Hope that helps.

Much of the information that would be in a 1988 manual you will find in the 1990 manual. http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f49/...-classic-2016/ Things didn't change that much. The appliances had their own manuals that you may find in the Forum reference library or on the appliance manufacturer's websites. Get the make and model numbers and do a search. Much of the components in Hilo trailers, outside of the lift system, were generic and can be found at RV dealers and online suppliers.

2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
Site Team

Since you have the fan on, I suspect you've found the thermostat and have turned it on.

My uneducated guess as to why there is no heat is that you have a pilot light that is not lit. My trailer has electronic ignition, so that's not a problem with mine, but I think the older trailers may have had pilots that you have to light manually.

Look for the exhaust pipe on the outside of the trailer. You should have one for the hot water heater and one for the furnace. They probably will be in different areas. Once you find that, I'm going to guess that if you take off the access panel, you'll be able to find the pilot light, or, figure out why it's not lighting for some other reason (spider webs in the gas tubing, etc.).

Hope this helps. Glad to have you with us.

- Jack
Old 11-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #4

Cool heater

ist thing is make sure propane is opened up... the fan comes on first ,runs about 2 min and than the piolet light should go on to get heat.I have a 87. should be no manual lighting involved. on my trailer the furnance is under the kitchen seats..by the table.. take the cushion off and lift wood seat up.hope this helps.
paulsot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #5

Default Thank you

Thank you so much for all the awesome responses I will let you know how we make out!!
Reikiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #6
sam

Default No heat

Sam here,look under my post of 9-27-2013. I explained what we did with our 1990 25ft. classic when we had no heat. Keep us posted and welcome to the forum.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #7

Your furnace will be under the couch, in front of the furnace there is a cupboard, inside there is a valve that needs to be turned on, once you turn the valve on you should be good to go and make sure your battery is fully charged

Proud owner of a 2013 Jayco Jay Flight 28 BHBE
dirtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to robobd

I light my stove top first to make sure that propane flow has started, then turn on the furnace by the thermostat switch, turn the temp all the way up and wait a couple minutes. you should hear the fan turn on and then hear the clicking of the auto ignition for the pilot. the furnace will not let gas out unless there is a pilot
robobd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #9

Default furnanace

Reikiki,
Welcome to the forum. Hope you get your furnace working.

Once my furnace would not come on. I have the kind that has electronic ignition so there is no pilot to light. What I discovered is that the electrical wire connections to the heater were corroded and needed cleaning. I'm no electrician so I may have the incorrect term but they may be called blade connections. Someone please correct if I've called the connection the incorrect thing. But cleaning them is another possible problem that caused mine not to start.
Hope it goes well on finding your problem
God Bless,
Papa

Papa is offline   Reply With Quote