Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Hydraulic lift system
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hydraulic lift system Hydraulic, mechanical and electrical components of the lift system

Old 05-11-2021, 02:17 PM   #1

Default height matching

When your Hi-Lo is in the lifted position, are all interior and exterior oak boards supposed to be at the same level all the way around.?? and if not can you adjust the cables to take up the slack as needed..?

I have a 2400 series from 2004

lowroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:51 PM   #2
Site Team

Nope, it would be nice if the interior trim boards were all even, but that probably won't be possible. You should adjust the cables so that the bulb seal on the lower edge of the top half just meets the "lip" on the upper outside edge of the lower half. You can see this if you look inside the two haves at the door opening, but where that's not possible, take the inside trim strip off the lower half (it's held on by screws), and you will be able to see how the bulb seal is meeting or not meeting the lip with the top up.

Taking the trim strips off is a MUST, too, if you want to inspect the cables where they go over the upper pulleys and to lubricate them at these points too. This is where they break, due to fraying or corrosion.

- Jack

Old 05-11-2021, 06:46 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply Jack. I am on my 3rd Hi-Lo and plan to keep this as my final RV purchase. I went to toy haulers and fifth wheels but keep coming back to what I think is the best built travel trailer in America. The Hi-Lo's I had before I had to replace a couple of the under carriage pulley's, I never thought to check the ones under the boards. Great info, Thanks again. Lonny
lowroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:38 PM   #4
Site Team

You're quite welcome, Lenny - glad to have you with us!

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote