Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks Show off your modifications, share a great idea, ask a question!

Old 05-09-2020, 06:32 PM   #1

Question Window glazing bead

I have a '97 22L. The emergency window has a leak in the lower back corner. I believe that the window glazing seal has gone bad. Pelland Enterprises seems to sell these type of seals. Does anyone know what type of seal this is? Pelland has several options. Maybe there is another source that someone else has found? Thanks for any help.

kcophysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 08:21 PM   #2

Default Just a thought

On my 1990 HiLo we had a leak on the emergency window. We took the window out and resealed with butyl tape around the rim. While the window is out you can see if your wall layers have any water damage. Then we used common weather stripping to complete the repair. Finaly Lexel caulk was applied. Our our 1994 all our windows except the huge front one were removed and resealed. Our escape window showed evidence of the start of wall delamination. This seems to be a common problem area for leaks. You tube has a tutorial on how to remove windows and reseal. Each window we took out takes 7to8 hrs to scrape off all the old goo and prep the side of the RV ect. Best of luck with this repair.

Usagi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:52 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice. I have removed the windows and resealed it a year ago with butyl tape. Didn't use the Lexel caulk though. I did another window the same way, and it sealed fine. On this window though, it seems that the rubber/vinyl seals that hold the glass in the frame are coming loose at the bottom of the frame. I wonder if this is where the water is getting in. It seems to be a small amount of water but over time ruined the the wall panel replacement on the inside.

I didn't know if anyone here might have done a window glazing replacement or not. I saw a video that seems to make it look easy enough to do . . . assuming one has the right style.

When I reinstall the window,i will definitely follow your advice. Thanks again.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:35 AM   #4
Site Team

kco, try parkin.com They have all the parts for Hi Lo windows. Hehr window company provided all the windows for the Hi Lo factory, and they now sell under the "ParKin" name. I do know which seal your speaking of, and I'm sure they have it. Gotta do some hunting for it.
Tree
Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 11:00 AM   #5

Thanks. That gives me another place to look.

Tags
window glazing, window seal