Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 06-05-2016, 09:24 PM   #1

Default Bought my first Hi Lo

Bought my first Hi Lo Im very happy. Its a 1976 i think its a traveler. i bought if off a local guy who had the lift serviced with new cables and had the pump gone over. I previously had a 1974 Wilderness tow behind that i never totally liked. Towing it home was amazing. I have a few questions about the water set up. It has a steel water tank and a 12v air pump but there is a shrader valve out where you fill it up.. Can anyone explain how filling and operating this thing. Any help would be great.

-Andrew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hi lo1.jpg (226.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg hilo2.jpg (226.3 KB, 7 views)

TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #2
sam

Default Welcome to the forum.

Several of our members have this same HiLo. I'm sure some one will give you some guidance on this.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:12 PM   #3

Default thanks

yea any help would be greatly appreciated
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:48 AM   #4

That sounds similar to a camper we had years ago. The water system was pressurized and had an air pump, rather than the demand type pump systems used more recently. We filled the water tank to about 3/4 full, then used an air supply regulated to 45psi to pressurize the tank through the Schrader valve in the cap. When a faucet opened, the pressurized system delivered water. When the pressure dropped to about 30psi, the air pump came on and built up pressure again. The reason we only filled to 3/4 full is to give the pressurized air room to expand. Great looking trailer, happy camping!
underpsi is offline   Reply With Quote