Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > New Member Intros
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 02-07-2024, 09:33 PM   #1

Default Howdy from Texas

Hello HI-LO folks, just picked up a 1996 Voyager and am excited to start some renovations on it. Already finding parts are difficult to get. Hopefully the local RV place has a hydraulic pump sourced, but we'll see.

This site seems like there's a lot of pros for these niche campers. Looking forward to learning and digging into them.

Vettedreams2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 11:22 PM   #2
sam

Default Welcome to the forum.

Some of our members have replaced the hydrolic pump. It can be rebuilt at a shop that hydrolic work. Read back posts on this. One member was able to get the parts and rebuild his. Keep the questions coming.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 08:38 PM   #3

Thank you, I am looking at a new pump as mine was taken out sometime back. Seems there are some pretty good replacements out there.
Old 02-12-2024, 10:45 PM   #4
sam

Default Pump

If my memory serves me correctly Northern Tool was a possible supplier.
Old 02-12-2024, 11:58 PM   #5

Thanks sam, I just checked today, they had s couple viable solutions, I wish they were a bit cheaper and with a manual pump option.
Old 02-13-2024, 01:09 PM   #6
sam

Default Parts

Scour the internet for the best price. Most parts on the HiLo are common RV parts. Welcome to your expensive hobby.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:46 PM   #7
Site Team

The problem, as you realize, Vettedreams, is that the hydraulic pump is NOT a typical part of the average RV. So, you need to keep your search within suppliers of hydraulic components, such as Northern Tool. I did a quick search and found these: https://www.primarymover.com/collect...ydraulic-pumps, which appear to come with a reservoir attached. And, I found this one, that has a manual backup, but it's from a place in the UK: https://www.flowfitonline.com/produc...and-pump-1-6kw

- Jack
Old 02-15-2024, 03:18 PM   #8

Are you positive that it is a bad pump? On my last Hi-Lo the solenoid went out and it stopped raising. Bought one for a few bucks and end of problem.
Freddiefreeloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 09:15 AM   #9

Another great source for a hydraulic pump would be the pumps used on dump trailers. For most of my hydraulic needs the SurplusCenter.com usually has what I am looking for.
Old 02-22-2024, 04:12 PM   #10

Thank you all, such a supportive community. I bought a dump trailer single action pump, just have to figure out hydraulic lines and fittings to get it on there. I am hoping that I don't need a dual action pump. Now struggling with fittings as they are SAE #6 and not sure what the camper has, but seems the same.
Old 02-22-2024, 05:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettedreams2001 View Post
Thank you all, such a supportive community. I bought a dump trailer single action pump, just have to figure out hydraulic lines and fittings to get it on there. I am hoping that I don't need a dual action pump. Now struggling with fittings as they are SAE #6 and not sure what the camper has, but seems the same.
Sounds about right, a #6 is a 3/8"