RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 
 


New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-23-2016, 07:58 AM   #21
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chandler AZ
Posts: 19
Default

thanks it has been quite a learning experience..... I am only sharing the stuff that worked our - some day I will post the horrible fails I have experienced thus far!!!!
:-)
__________________

sloanstavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:55 AM   #22
Site Team
 
JackandJanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pine, AZ
Posts: 3,585
Default

Your trailer is looking very beautiful - nice work!

It might be helpful to anyone else needing to replace their lifting pump if you'd provide a link to the one you purchased.

- Jack
__________________

__________________
Hi-Lo 1707T - Tire Minder TPMS on Tow Vehicle and Trailer, 300W Solar Battery Charger, Equal-i-zer WDH
2014 F150 Platinum 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost SCrew
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:02 PM   #23
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chandler AZ
Posts: 19
Default

NorTrac 12 Volt DC Hydraulic Power Unit — Lift-Hold-Lower Applications, Model# YBZ5-F2.1B1W2/WUAAD1 | Hydraulic Power Units| Northern Tool + Equipment

Gladly, ordered from northern tool. Works like a charm, but you will need thread adapter to mate with your hilo hydraulic line
sloanstavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:14 PM   #24
Site Team
 
JackandJanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pine, AZ
Posts: 3,585
Default

Thanks, looks a perfect choice for a replacement to me!

- Jack
__________________
Hi-Lo 1707T - Tire Minder TPMS on Tow Vehicle and Trailer, 300W Solar Battery Charger, Equal-i-zer WDH
2014 F150 Platinum 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost SCrew
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:57 PM   #25
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanstavern View Post
NorTrac 12 Volt DC Hydraulic Power Unit — Lift-Hold-Lower Applications, Model# YBZ5-F2.1B1W2/WUAAD1 | Hydraulic Power Units| Northern Tool + Equipment

Gladly, ordered from northern tool. Works like a charm, but you will need thread adapter to mate with your hilo hydraulic line
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Thanks, looks a perfect choice for a replacement to me!

- Jack
Yeah it's good to know it's possible to get generic parts for the campers. I went out this morning to a place called Princess Auto. They carry a wide array of trailer, auto, and shop parts and tools. I noticed they had a manual hydrolic pump, good for up to 4 tons I think it said. It seemed reasonably priced at 90 dollars (Canadian) I'm guessing it's possible to get fittings to connect it to my current pump, giving me the manual backup I currently don't have.
__________________
Toronto, Canada

1985 Funmaker 19R
2004 Chevy Avalanche. Z66
My name is Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:49 PM   #26
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chandler AZ
Posts: 19
Default

Interesting I was looking for manual pump do you have a part number or Manf info?
Thanjs
sloanstavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:53 PM   #27
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanstavern View Post
Interesting I was looking for manual pump do you have a part number or Manf info?
Thanjs
I'll go back tomorrow and look at it more closely, since I'm retired I have nothing better to do I'll post back tomorrow.
__________________
Toronto, Canada

1985 Funmaker 19R
2004 Chevy Avalanche. Z66
My name is Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:36 PM   #28
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanstavern View Post
Interesting I was looking for manual pump do you have a part number or Manf info?
Thanjs
Oh here's the site it's 85 bucks, they do have a 4 ton manual lift kit for double that, it has quite a few accessories.
Powerfist 4 Ton Hydraulic Porta-Power Hand Pump | Princess Auto
__________________
Toronto, Canada

1985 Funmaker 19R
2004 Chevy Avalanche. Z66
My name is Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:55 PM   #29
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chandler AZ
Posts: 19
Default

Got the trailer lights all on and starting the insulation.
I had to add spacers to "flex" the roof in spots because water was pooling.
Then deviated with white roof sealer/ paint

Now starting insulation, 1" radiant backed foam.

Kind of a pain each section is custom measure and cut-no repeat sizes. Set up a nice work surface in side with plenty of sharp 3 " razor blades to minimize snow beads!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (167.7 KB, 8 views)
sloanstavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:58 PM   #30
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chandler AZ
Posts: 19
Default

More pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (335.8 KB, 3 views)
sloanstavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:59 PM   #31
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chandler AZ
Posts: 19
Default

Even more instaled
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (242.6 KB, 9 views)
sloanstavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 04:54 PM   #32
Member
 
Micheller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5
Default

Is there a way to raise and lower the trailer manually if the cable doesn't function?
Micheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:23 PM   #33
Site Team
 
JackandJanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pine, AZ
Posts: 3,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanstavern View Post
Got the trailer lights all on and starting the insulation.
I had to add spacers to "flex" the roof in spots because water was pooling.
Then deviated with white roof sealer/ paint


Now starting insulation, 1" radiant backed foam.

Kind of a pain each section is custom measure and cut-no repeat sizes. Set up a nice work surface in side with plenty of sharp 3 " razor blades to minimize snow beads!!!!
This is kinda late, but I just read your post. There IS something called "ponding compound" for roofs that you can buy in places like Home Depot. It is a powder that you mix with water and then you apply it like "filler". It dries hard, will fill low places, and then you can cover it with the white roof elastomeric paint.

I've used it on two "built up" roofs in Arizona, and it does a super job of eliminating ponding.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:08 PM   #34
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chandler AZ
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheller View Post
Is there a way to raise and lower the trailer manually if the cable doesn't function?

Hi
Not that I am aware of, you could use a manual hydraulic pump if the electic one fails, but if the cable fails all you could do is jack it up from the outside ( no easy way to do that)
sloanstavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:10 PM   #35
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chandler AZ
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
This is kinda late, but I just read your post. There IS something called "ponding compound" for roofs that you can buy in places like Home Depot. It is a powder that you mix with water and then you apply it like "filler". It dries hard, will fill low places, and then you can cover it with the white roof elastomeric paint.

I've used it on two "built up" roofs in Arizona, and it does a super job of eliminating ponding.

- Jack
Thanks will keep that in mind.
sloanstavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 12:01 PM   #36
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 5
Default

Hello sloanstavern, I recently purchased this 1978 2278R. the previous owner had started to redo the top half. He completed the insulation. Now I need to install the paneling which he also provided. How are you planning on securing your paneling? Also, what do you plan to do about securing any 12 volt wiring in the walls? I have wires hanging everywhere. I thought I might use some Gorilla Tape to secure the wires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HiLo Up.jpg (499.4 KB, 4 views)
__________________

CBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Hi-Lo Trailers Worldwide or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
HiLoTrailerForum.com Copyright 2010
×