Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > New Member Intros
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 07-07-2013, 12:35 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrascal View Post
Last week, while I was under my camper working on the black tank, I observed what I presume to be an abnormality. I saw no plumbing that'd dump my shower water into the gray water tank. It almost looks like it's designed to go directly to the nearby black tank. I should have taken some tape measurements to see where things really are as I was just guessing.

But, is that likely, or just an optical illusion?
Jerry

I was responding to wrascal's post as quoted above. I am not sure what he is seeing but my trailer is not readily available to look at right now. He may have the identity of the tanks reversed. I believe my gray tank is the larger of the two.

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #82

Default I was afraid

it was getting booooring.

REF: shower and black tank, I knew that didn't make sense but can not see how the shower spills into the gray tank and physically how it is closer to the black one.

Now, who'd be out camping in all this rain (or heat if you're out west)?

Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #83

The "heat out west" just gives us an excuse to drink more to stay hydrated It was 118 a couple weeks ago here but we went camping up near payson where the highs were mid 80's with a breeze going, it was great! No shovels, boats, or bunkers required to beat the weather conditions!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #84

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltool View Post
Jerry

I was responding to wrascal's post as quoted above. I am not sure what he is seeing but my trailer is not readily available to look at right now. He may have the identity of the tanks reversed. I believe my gray tank is the larger of the two.
sorry hilltool, my mistake.. It was a long day

Jcurtis95
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #85

Wrascal, You have to realize that a cold or wet day camping is better than a warm or dry day at home! That is my story and I'm sticking to it! :-)

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #86

Default I just haven't tried camping WITH A CAMPER

what I remember is camping with another group of fellows, all dressed in olive drab clothing and digging slit trench latrines. That isn't my idea of a good time.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #87

Crawled under my trailer to look at my tanks. My black tank is the " most aft", just to clarify for those that may not be sure.

@wrascal--- I do not see a pipe under there that I would assume is the shower drain that leads to grey tank. In fact I see no pipes other than the drain lines for both the grey and black tanks.

@ at everyone- however, I never realized that my two cables in back appear to run through the top center of my grey tank. I assume it is molded in such a way to allow that but has anybody ever had one off and can explain what it looks like under there?

Learn something new every day.

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #88

Default While underneath mine

I also noticed the cables running INTO the gray tank. I didn't try to follow them further.

I know I've been talking about draining the black tank that I intentionally filled up (to watch for any leaks), but due to weather and wet ground I never did. That is until today. The repair held -under load - for almost two weeks, now it can breath a sigh of relief.

An interesting thing I found was I decided to just pull the plug WITHOUT releasing the outer covering cap. I wanted it to just slowly drain. Well it didn't even drip which required me to remove it. Of course I was expecting a gush and I got it. Sure glad I knew it was clean dirty water.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #89

Smile Ice in commode

Sent u an email. Put 10# of ice through commode opening and then drive around for an hour or so and it scrubs the inside of tank to remove any "caked stuff". Then drain it- worked great for me when I bought my unit and seller had not used it for a year in Fla. heat. So there was some stuff in the tank!!!!!
Skyking
JoeJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #90

Default Just when I thought I knew it all ...

yesterday, in between all our continuing rain, I stepped into my raised Hi Lo once again. Noticing that one of the shades had slipped into a half nite and half daytime mode, I investigated.

Did y'all know that if you pulled up on the daytime provision that it totally opens up? Duh .... I didn't, least wise not until then. I'm sure glad I didn't follow my original instincts (two months ago) and cut the blinds free from its' tethers.

Still learning 'bout these remarkable l'il campers.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #91

Question Maiden voyage experience

Hi,
I found and purchased a 1986 Hilo Voyager on craigslist in 2011. It was not in our local area but my sister lived near. They wanted $1800 for it and I'd been watching for one. I bought it and had it towed to my sister's house till we could go after it. We are in Tx and had to go to Fla to get it.
Our entry door in in the end of the trailer which seems to be different from most. It is an amazing trailer! All of the original equipment works! The fridge was replaced tho. We have electric power in the bathroom but no lights work and the fan doesn't come on. What do we need to check?
Thanks
Ionahilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #92

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

All lights run on 12 volts DC and the fans also, so first you need a good deep cycle battery in the trailer. Then check that the master switch, that is if you have one that it is in the right position, it is next to the up, down switch. Next check the circuit breakers in the battery area, then check the 12 volt fuses.
(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #93

Default "but no lights work"

this is not likely but if you read this post front to rear you'll see where I had one bathroom light that didn't work.

Well I was wrong, it did work, but it was operated thru TWO (series) switches. Goofy arrangement - but that's what happened to me.

Best of luck.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #94

Default Hot water tank

I owned an 18' Roadrunner for about 4 years on an impulse buy before my wife and I had a chance to research what RV to purchase. We came across Hi-Lo on the internet and decided this would be a better way for us to go. We purchased a 2005 17T and I have checked all of the appropriate systems. Fresh water tank, grey, black water tanks. Serviced the hydrolic rod, pulleys and so on. Then there is the hot water tank drain. It has a teflon plug but I do not have the correct size socket to remove the plug. What size is the wrench? Larger than 13/16 smaller then my roadrunners 1 1/16. We are pleased with it and am taking it on its maiden voyage next week to northern Michigan. Also, the wife wants to know where do you hang your towels for the shower?
Mike M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmouser View Post
I owned an 18' Roadrunner for about 4 years on an impulse buy before my wife and I had a chance to research what RV to purchase. We came across Hi-Lo on the internet and decided this would be a better way for us to go. We purchased a 2005 17T and I have checked all of the appropriate systems. Fresh water tank, grey, black water tanks. Serviced the hydrolic rod, pulleys and so on. Then there is the hot water tank drain. It has a teflon plug but I do not have the correct size socket to remove the plug. What size is the wrench? Larger than 13/16 smaller then my roadrunners 1 1/16. We are pleased with it and am taking it on its maiden voyage next week to northern Michigan. Also, the wife wants to know where do you hang your towels for the shower?
15/16 socket on my newly replaced waterheater plastic drain plug, measure before buying a socket. We hang our wet towels on plastic (shirt ) hangers then onto upper cabinet door handles.
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #96
sam

Default Wet towels where to hang for drying

Maybe where you are camping will allow you to have a rope clothes line outside. Bring rope and clothes pins.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #97

Default Hot Water Heater

Thank you both for the help. It just shows that people that go rv'ing help each other out whenever possible. I know that you need to be careful where you put things to hang up towels (for example a plastic towel rack) because of the distance between the outer wall and the inner wall for lowering the trailer.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #98

You can add a towel rack high on the back wall above where it will not touch the lower wall.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #99

Thanks we will try that. We had one in the RoadRunner mounted over the potty on the back wall. Will have to check if it is narrow enough to clear the inside wall. :-)
Old 08-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #100

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmouser View Post
ratmouser,

Those drain plugs have always been a pain; you can't get a wrench in there and the gas line prevents using a socket. I have found using a pair of long-handled off-set angled pliers to work pretty well. Be careful when replacing it as you can strip them pretty easily. I remember on an earlier RV purchasing a special plug with a drain valve built into it. There are several listed for sale on eBay:

RV-Camper-Water-Heater-Drain-Valve-1-2- | eBay

Congrats on your new HiLo.

Jerry Curtis
Fredericksburg, TX

jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote