Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Lifestyle > Off Topic Lounge
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #61
sam

But that's not the end!

SDC10446.jpg here's a corner

SDC10447.jpg using a floor rolling tool makes the job easier.Well worth the $35 price tag.

SDC10448.jpg this is the window by the dinnete.We plan on re-sealing the window soon.

SDC10449.jpg in the proccess of putting the cupboard above the dinette bed back up

SDC10450.jpg It's not as easy as you think.Always make sure to not loose the hardware.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #62
sam

Default 90 Classic restoration

Robod,I have a good excuse for not posting pictures in a timely manner. I was again in the hospital for three days. Maybe I can fill out the hospital survey card and request free WiFi. I wouldn't take a chance on getting a laptop stolen in such a public place. Anyway ,to complicate matters my surgeon is sick with a nasty respiratory infection. Don't want him operating on anybody when he is that sick. My case is kind of complicated and he has to bring in a urologist to help out. Hopefully I can stay out of trouble(pain) for a while. We got four inches of snow today. Sat. hubby is going to go to our HiLo site and use the garage to install the new auger/blade on the snow blower. He worked on the HiLo two while I was in the hosp. Installed All the ceiling to wall trim. Each piece had to be wrapped in seam tape/seamist and braded in. He installed quite a bit of the vertical trim. He had a chance to finishing putting the curtains over my bed. Next will be the install of newhardwear/curtain dinette . Then on to putting back two room dividers. I have to unload everything from the kitchen side cabinet so he can trouble shoot the nonworking lt. switch under the cabinet. Pretty sure thid lt. switch is for putting the outside lt. on from inside. Hasn't worked from day one of ownership. Rules of restoration: more money,time and patience than you think. End result priceless.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #63
sam

Default Corection

Robobod,didn't pay attention to your user name. So glad to get the pictures posted. I will take more pictures when I can.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #64

Send a message via Yahoo to robobd

now that is some darn nice looking paneling!
robobd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #65
sam

I am really pleased with Hubby's fabrication job. Slow and steady wins the race!!!! We are headed down after I get off the computer to do some more work.I will take some more pictures.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #66
sam

Default 90HiLo Classic restoration

Worked three hrs. on the trailer. Hubby spent most of the time installingthe hardwear for the window above the dinette. Some curtain/blind brackets. He made up some of the hardwear a few years back. The new hardwear would stick out and interfear with the raising and lowering of the HiLo. I spenty the time cleaning ect. The trailer looked wonderful with the seam tape on the trim and much of the trim on the wall.Decided to empty out the cabinet above on the sinkside.Gently pried the linner bottom open,just staples. Took ten minutesto look at the wiring unscrewed a few wirenuts and put the wires in the proper wirenuts. Bingo the switch now works. We are now able to turnon the outside light from the inside. It took hubby 11 years to fix it. We had asked about this when we bought the HiLo in for service.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #67
sam

Default 90 HiLo Classic restoration/pictures

SDC10451.jpg Bathroom paneling behind vanity.

SDC10452.jpg

SDC10453.jpg Getting the mcurtains back in place

SDC10454.jpg Bottom part of curtains

SDC10455.jpg Winter camping anyone?
Old 01-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #68
sam

Default 90 HiLo classic restoration

Spent all day Monday at the HiLoHubby finished up four things on the inside punch list. Tuesday I was able to do a final cleaning and got the two couches made up into beds. Vaccumed up several dead lady bugs. Cleaned up the garbage in the garage. Wed. I dropped hubby off for his MD apt. Thought he would be waiting two hrs. Got out in record time. I was able to do a fab job of cleaning up the garage and putting lots in the truck to go home. Hubby finished putting the dinette bedding on. All that is left to do is the ceiling wall trim in the dinette cabinet. I need to clean out a few more drawers and the wardrobe. Seems the construction debri went everywhere. Really not a bad clean up. I,ve cleaned up worse in the house. The paneling has a slight texture to it. Tomorrow after my cardiology apt. We want to measure the lower half of the Br to make sure we have enough paneling to do the BR. Keep going while we are on a roll. Some days the temp. is 20 and yesterday it was 50 degrees. Made a punch list for the spring it contains ten items that need to be done. Need to remove one of the couches that is ripped and no way for me to repair while in place. Learned another lesson: always label parts. You wont remember severalo months later. Figured out the mystery piece of wood went against the back wall to fill in the space between the ref. and shower area.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #69
sam

Default 90 HiLo Classic restoration

My real life,searched the internet and came up with the sash rod that I needed at K-mart. The store only had one in the 48" size to 58" The lady at the customer service desp spent a considerable amt of time ordering via the store computer what we needed. The shipping is free because we ordered it in the store. Took one and a half weeks. for USPS to deliver to our home. The package came delivered with a yellow dammaged sticker on it. The lengthy box was in the shape of an L. Of course the rod was bent so no good. Off to K-mart we went to return. Same customer service rep. She was very upset with the USPS and kept apologizing to us. Her computer wouldn,t connect to the internet so we couldn,t order another one. Went to target,no luck. I will try to order from my home computer.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #70

Sam, try ordering online and have it delivered to the store. Usually no shipping fee. Then if it is messed up they have to deal with it. It could save you a trip.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #71
sam

Default obtaining curtain rod

My daughter got on the K-mart web site today. Weird ,the rod costs 3.99 and it would be $6.00 shipping. They won,t ship it to the store because they don,t have one at the closest store. We go by K-mart frequently and will stop in the store to see if the store computer is working. Good thing I am not in a rush for this item.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #72
sam

I was able to stop by Kmart and get on the store computer to order the sash rod. Hopefully,usps will deliver it undammaged this time. We worked on the HiLo for a total of eight very productive Hrs. God Bless the toasty warm furnice in 22degree weather. Got the dinette cabinet totally trimmed out and repacked. I then cleaned all the bottom drawers and cabinets on the lower sink side. Hubby cut the 1st.piece of paneling for the lower br wall behind the toilet. Did his layout/calculations and we should have enough drops to complete the project. Still don,t have a date for my surgery. I can,t figure out why my surgeon is acting so "off" I made an apt with another surgeon that I had years ago. The apt isn,t until jan 31st. I am a nononsense person and expect good customer service from my Drs.After all I am the one paying. This would be so sweet if we could complete the restoration before my surgery and six week recuperation. The next few days are going to be 40degree days. Some time this week we will take a road trip to an RV show in our area. A little fun to break up the winter blah!!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #73
sam

The rod came in the mail undamaged this time,so dad installed it.He is almost done,just a few loose ends and some clean-up left to do.Now for the hard part:figuring out how in the *censored* we're going to get the trailer out to take it or our annual March inspection without making ruts in my grandmother's lawn(the ground didn't harden up this winter).
Melissa
Old 02-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #74

Send a message via Yahoo to robobd

place plywood on the grass to distribute the weight. 2 sheets should do, just keep moving the sheets, you'll also need some for the tow vehicle
robobd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #75
sam

Default Using plywood to get truck and trailer out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robobd View Post
place plywood on the grass to distribute the weight. 2 sheets should do, just keep moving the sheets, you'll also need some for the tow vehicle
I thought about doing this it would be very expensive for four sheets of plywood. Didn't see your post until today.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #76
sam

Default Posted 1990 classic restoration on photobucket

Pictures by 3SamTLPX - Photobucket
Old 02-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #77

Sam good set of photos, now where is the video

Cheers
GaryK

PS Did you guys happen to take the top half of the door out to panel or just go around it?
garyk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #78
sam

We didn't take the top half of the door off as it wasn't water dammaged. We just left it with the old paneling. We were lucky to find new paneling that was a good color match for the old paneling that was left on the frontside of the kitchen area. The ends did't have to be remodeled. My camcorder is not working. Shows condensation on lens. I pulled the paperwork. I,m not wanting to spend $ on repair tech. Left it in a box with rice for sometime. Didn't fix. Tried compressed air,didn;t fix. I want to take out several sm screws and see if it will dryout. Hubby thinks it will get messed up. Maybe springs under some screws.? I say it doesn,t work now so what do you have to loose. Bummer, cost $350.00 purchased in 2004 and hasn,t been used that much. We accidently left it in the cab of our truck for a few days after a campout last sept.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #79

Sam,

Actually your camcorder wouldn't do you much good to post a video. (I have about $1500 worth of camcorders which are now worthless in my closet.) First you would need to get the video into the computer which would take at least a television tuner hooked to the puter and lots of time. Your best bet would be with a camera that takes video or a cell phone or something like I used to put my video on you tube EMATIC MP3 PLAYERS I think I paid something like $40.00 for it a year and a half ago.

Cheers
GaryK
garyk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #80
sam

I never claimed to be anything but technology chalenged. My daughter helps us out where needed. She read your post and told me that she can record a video using her digital camera then upload it to youtube. It may cost me the price of an SD card. Dad is good with his background in electrical/electronics. Maybe you could sell your video cameras or anything excess and use the $ to buy supplies for your restoration. My daughter sells stuff on Amazon or Ecrater and has a fair amt. of sucess.