Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar Electrical components and wiring, batteries, charging systems, generators and solar topics.

Old 06-20-2023, 09:53 AM   #1

Default 2403T interior lights won't work

I just had the rubber roof replaced. Found the 12v yellow wire which supplies power to the front interior lights has a short to ground. I've disconnected the wire at the rear where it goes into the top. I then disconnected the wire nut where it connects to the lights under the florescent fixture in the middle. So I think I've isolated the wire. Where might the short be?

gmikec49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 06:40 PM   #2
sam

Default Loss of lights

Consulted with DH. Your short could be in the walls. When we lost our lights DH tapped into the converter and ran an interior wire to tie into the correct wire in the cupboard. He drilled a small hole on the underside of the cupboard and tapped into the correct wire. Our HiLo service advisor told him to do this. The fix is still working to this day. Lift up the thin false bottom and you will see the wires. Years later when we ripped the walls apart to fix water damage we found the broken wire. DH found teal colored wire at AutoZone that matched our interior. Leave enough slack to raise and lower the HiLo. The wire never gets caught. Hope this helps you.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 11:47 AM   #3

The 12volt supply wire to the front and kitchen interior lights travel up the bundle to the top section and then over to wire connections above the tip-out. From here go to the center light and the front interior lights. It is this supply wire which has a short to the chassis ground somewhere in the ceiling. My solution is to isolate this line at both ends. I am going to use the source from the fuse side in the rear which is OK and tie a new line to the lights above the sink. This is a pretty short run. I can go up the existing wire bundle and just go along the ceiling corner to get to the lights above the stove top. I've already tested this out and it works fine. All this to avoid tearing the ceiling apart or removing the new roof just put on.
gmikec49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2403t, electrical, short