Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > New Member Intros
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 03-14-2024, 12:20 AM   #1
Eld

Question Finding parts...specifically guide blocks at the moment

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site and this is my first post.
I have a 1986 Hi-Lo Funlite 13 ft. camper. I purchased it a couple of years ago an am now getting around to restoring it. Too many other pressing projects ahead of it...
The camper has all functioning systems, that's good. I have discovered many things that need to be fixed. All of the wood on the bottom of the top section on the left and right sides is totally deteriorated. I have removed most of that and did decide to separate the top from the bottom to better access everything. After doing that I discovered that 2 guide blocks are completely missing, one is broken in half and the other is partially broken. It seems like opening a can of worms, you see one and move a little dirt just to find more (problems)...! But I am determined and continue to tackle each challenge! My biggest challenge so far has been finding parts. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Eld

Eld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 11:17 AM   #2
Site Team

Eld - I gave you a link to 3D printer files for guide blocks in your other post.

- Jack

Old 04-07-2024, 02:28 PM   #3

I am looking for parts for my awning or to find a new one for my 1988 Hi Lo 22L The awning that is on there is missing the left side leg and pin that connects to the trailer, The awning is 12' x 8'
Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 04:03 PM   #4
Site Team

I'm pretty sure the awning is generic. Dometic made mine. I found some parts for the supports on etrailer.com, when I broke them on my awning.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 10:21 PM   #5

Default Awning parts or new

Thank you for the information, the set up is different and will not work on my Hi-Lo. Thank you for the information as this company has a lot of items that may be needed some other time.
Kaiser
Old 04-08-2024, 12:15 AM   #6
sam

Default HiLo Parts

I was at my HiLo dealer recently. The owner mentioned that she has a 12ft. awning and parts to go with it. Possibly has some guide blocks. Only call Jay Simon in parts if you plan to make a purchase. 716-625-8877. I hope this helps you.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 10:32 AM   #7

Default Looking for parts for Awning for Hi Lo

Thank you Sam for the information. Jay was very helpful with information and has asked me for pictures which I will do. My quest is still on for the awning parts but am getting closer. Thank you again for your help.
Kaiser
Old 04-09-2024, 03:08 AM   #8
sam

Default Welcome to the forum

Eld and Kaiser welcome to the forum. Glad Jay Simon was able to look up parts for you. Coming home from camping we got in a construction mess with orange cones. We bent a broke a few awning parts due to the force of the cone doing battle with the awning. Jay came through for us. Now I have anxiety every time i see orange cones. Now is a good time to get parts as it is not their busy season yet.
Old 04-10-2024, 02:39 PM   #9

I sent Jay some pictures but have not gotten a response back from him yet if he even received the pictures. I am hoping for a part number for the arm and pen. Just sent an email to see hope something comes of this.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:52 PM   #10
sam

Default Parts.

Let Jay know you sent pictures. You may have to keep in touch with him. One time our awning got caught in a wind storm. I was able to get the black long handle and rivit from Carefree.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:23 PM   #11

I sent him an email today and will give him a few days in case he has a few days off, Thank you again Sam. have a great week
Kaiser
Old 04-11-2024, 02:44 PM   #12
sam

Default Parts

I would call Jay. He doesn't always check his emails often enough.

Tags
guide blocks, parts