Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > General Hi-Lo camper discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 05-22-2022, 09:53 PM   #1

Default First campout of the year.

Our camping club scheduled this campout at a private campground two hrs. from our home. Everyone canceled except us. Didn't have our reservation. Then the attendant got on the phone. No answer. I had made the reservation one month ago with my credit card. She ran the credit card and then said it would be $39.00 a night. Later when I looked at my receit saw where she charged us an extra $20.00 for half a day on Sunday. We left at 11 AM. I have been camping for many decades and never have seen such greed. It is not posted on the website. Also not in the glossy rules/map of the campsite. I emailed my review to them. I will see if they respond. Also was told the bathroom was remodeled two years ago. Bathrooms were nice even though it cost $ for a shower. Camping fees are more as the season goes on. Also more for holiday weekends. The trees all around were dropping walnut bombs on our aluminum roof. It rained the last night of our stay. I was able to use an old towel to wipe the HiLo down as it had a heavy yellow pollen film. Our site was shady and I was able to do one campfire. Our batwing antenna broke.. DH will have to get on the roof and trouble shoot. We like the batwing as we don't travel far and just need the TV for the weather/news.
Usagi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote