Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Interior
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Interior Bedding, seating, storage and more

Old 04-28-2024, 09:11 AM   #1

Default Made New Cushion Covers

I wanted to get rid of the old floral scheme in my 2001 and go with something a bit more timeless and simple. I also wanted some softer fabric as well. I walked around Joann Fabric and picked up 10 yards of Olive Denim. It’s a beautiful outdoorsy green and is very soft and wears well.

I’ve only used my 1963 Kenmore sewing machine a couple of times to hem curtains - I bought it at the local thrift store as a tall table for my printer. I didn’t realize it was a sewing machine table until I found the cord hanging from it. Worked perfectly after a new belt and oil…

Thanks to SailRite’s fabric calculator and YouTube video online, I was able to make all new custom covers for my dinette. They came out amazing considering this early 30s guy has very little sewing experience. What do you think?

I re-made a couple valences and will also be making a custom wrap-around shower curtain.

The front bed in my 22TL will be converted to a full xl bed, so no need to make the couch cushions - unless I get bored someday! (they’re in storage along with the drop down bunk as they’re unnecessary for us, currently)

-Nick

NTL1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 09:35 AM   #2
Site Team

Nice work, Nick. I like that better than the OEM fabric too.

- Jack

JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 11:23 AM   #3

Thanks, Jack!

I got the inspiration looking at a later model unit with its simple brown fabric on the bath dividers. It looked like it would never go out of style. The fabric was $150 for 10 yards and I’ll have plenty to do everything I need with quite a bit to spare. Plus $75 in tools and supplies and I’m still under the price for one set of dinette covers alone that would end up being an oddball fabric or color that would be impossible to find and match on my own.

The knowledge and experience I gained is worth that tenfold.

-Nick
NTL1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 01:47 AM   #4
sam

Default Sewing cushions

Good job on the cushions. Should have known utube would have a tutorial on sewing cushions. You are right it would have been your total cost at an upholstery shop for one cushion. The Classic HiLOS come with up graded cushions and fabric.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 01:54 AM   #5
sam

Default BR pipes qwith fabric.

I redid my fabric around the pipe and wire bundle. I put velcro on them and cable ties, That way they stay and in place and can be taken apart for washing.I also have a metal sears sewing machine that i purchased 44yrs ago. My friend was getting rid of a singer sewing machine in a cabinet. I refinished the cabinet and fitted the Sears machine in it. I use it for mending.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote