Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo's wanted Looking for a Hi-Lo? Tell us what you want.

Old 09-23-2021, 12:55 AM   #1

Default Looking to buy a Hi-Low 2808C

We are down sizing. Looking for a 2808C because they have a dedicated bed in the back. Not wanting to make a table or sofa into a bed each night. We are snowbirds from North West Ohio to middle of Florida. Will be pulling with a half ton GMC. Retired couple looking for a clean unit that I don't have to do a lot of work on. A little will be ok.

Jerry D,

grandrapids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:22 PM   #2

Default Will try to help you.

The Classic models are heavier and require a 250 to pull and stop it. The Towlites weigh less. I understand the need for more room for snowbirding. Perhaps you could have it transported to your winter spot. Look in the library for layouts. Good luck in your search.

Usagi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 01:04 PM   #3

Default HiLo for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandrapids View Post
We are down sizing. Looking for a 2808C because they have a dedicated bed in the back. Not wanting to make a table or sofa into a bed each night. We are snowbirds from North West Ohio to middle of Florida. Will be pulling with a half ton GMC. Retired couple looking for a clean unit that I don't have to do a lot of work on. A little will be ok.

Jerry D,
Jerry; I sent you a private message
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 06:29 PM   #4

We have a 2000 24 foot Tow Lite that we are selling in western PA that we pull with a half ton truck. With the bed made in the front, you will still be able to use the middle kitchen and back bathroom with ease. I don't know what model it is just that it is a Hi Lo tow lite. We have taken it as far south as North Carolina each fall.
Randylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 08:14 PM   #5

We (just two of us & a small dog) have a 2307C - we leave the front sofa set up as a bed & find that with the side dinette that set up works well for us (we don't miss having the sofa for additional seating).

We tow with an '02 GMC Sierra 1500 (extended cab, short bed, 2 wd, 5.3, factory tow package) with a listed towing capacity of 8,000 to 10,000 lbs - HiLo lists the 23' Classic's gross dry weight as 4023 lbs, so even if the "ready to travel" weight is 1000 lbs heavier, we're well within the truck's capacity.

HiLo's 2007/08 brochure lists the dry weight for the Classic 28 footer as 5320 lbs - depending on how new your GMC is, if you add 1000 lbs of "stuff", you're going to be very close to or right at your rated towing capacity, which is risky (published data indicates that current Sierra 1500's are rated at 6600 to 9800 lbs), hence the recommendation for a 2500 series truck to pull one.

We recently completed a 3000 + mile round trip from central CA to Yellowstone & Mt Rushmore with zero mechanical issues despite the truck having just under 230k miles on it - steep climbs (5-6% grades) at higher altitudes were a bit slow, but otherwise I had to be careful to stay within the trailer's tire speed rating of 65 MPH.
Old 10-07-2021, 01:24 PM   #6

I have a 2806C that I'm interested in selling. I sent you a private message as I'm getting ready to cover it for the winter. I live very near you and would wait to cover it if you are interested. Take a look a my private message to you as it has some additional information.
rogerssj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 06:03 PM   #7

I have one I pulled from Georgia to Wisconsin with a 1/2 suburban with no problems and I had it loaded with all kinds of stuff.
matt ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 08:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandrapids View Post

Jerry D,
Located in Hutchinson ks
Have a 2902 hi lo
Are you still looking?
Snowing Mountain Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 09:33 AM   #9

Is it still available.
Heretothere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 02:08 PM   #10

Yes
How could we exchange contact information??

Leroy
Glad to give pictures and details
Thanks
Snowing Mountain Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 11:24 AM   #11

I’m Dan. My wife is Lynn.
My email is danreddriver@yahoo.com
Lynn is able to accept calls easier. 815-861-6832

Heretothere is offline   Reply With Quote