Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > General Hi-Lo camper discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 07-20-2023, 06:45 PM   #1

Default Changing table and bench around

Has anyone ever changed their table area with the couch/bed?
I would like to change mine around so I can have more room when someone is cooking/ or cleaning up. With the table there, there is no room. I want the table up front and the couch/bed on the side.

tcongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 08:39 AM   #2

We were just discussing doing the same thing on our 22T but here are a few things to consider. 1) Furnace location, in ours it is under the dining area bench seat nearest the bathroom which would have to be relocated. 2) Water heater location, in ours the water heater would most likely have to be repositioned slightly in order to have leg room under the dining table on the stove side of the trailer. 3) The couch is longer than the dining area is wide so all pieces of the couch would have to be shortened.

Handyman85083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 10:05 AM   #3

Our water heater is in the cabinets. As for the furnace, it can still be in the same place, but I can run the ducts above the wheel well instead of in front of it. Won't give me a lot of storage under the couch, and I would lose my long stage but would have more storage under the bench. And more legroom under the table as there won't be a wheel well there.
Old 07-24-2023, 11:29 PM   #4

I am currently in the process of modifying my Couch/Bed in my 2589. We don't use the folded table much, we normaly use the dinette table in the kitchen area. I want to be able to walk around the bed; I am halfway done with my modification project. Had to stop project for a while...too darn Hot here in So. Cali to work inside trailer. I will post before and after pictures of my finished work.
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 04:04 AM   #5

looking forward to seeing the pictures. I won't start mine until fall/winter and we use it a few more times this year.