Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 09-28-2021, 11:54 PM   #1

Default Mystery Plug/Cord

Hello everyone,

There is an AC outlet under the left front couch by the converter, and plugged in to this outlet is a brown cord/wire that looks pretty much like a lamp cord or an extension cord. This wire appears to exit downward thru the floor and towards the fresh water tank area. Does anyone know what this cord is for, and is it powering something outside under the coach? It does appear to exit by FW tank. Thanks for any help with this question.

Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 08:40 PM   #2

Mine's in storage but if I remember correctly its the plug to my 12V converter. You could unplug it and see what stops working.

Rolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 07:09 AM   #3

Mine ends up at the water lines in the cabinets under the sink. Powers a heater wrap to keep the lines warm.
Tomrupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 10:50 PM   #4

I Forgot to mention in my post the year of my HiLo; it's a 1989 (2589RD) Voyager Classic. Yes, my converter is indeed plugged in to that outlet under front couch, but on that same outlet is also that mystery cord plugged in which exits thru the floor. I looked outside underneath trailer but that area where that wire exits is covered with road protection stuff, so I can not tell which way that wire heads. Tomrupp suggested it may be to a heater wrap, to keep the lines warm (thanks Tomrupp), that's a possibility. Did they use such line heaters back then? possibly. Anyone else with any ideas what this plug is for? Thanks.
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomrupp View Post
Mine ends up at the water lines in the cabinets under the sink. Powers a heater wrap to keep the lines warm.
Do you think it's a mod a previous owner added? I did wrap all my lines in insulation tube or reflective wrap.
Tom we are part time neighbors. I own a lot in the RV park up Cemetery road in Fish Haven.
Rolff is offline   Reply With Quote