Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > Hi-Lo Photo Album
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hi-Lo Photo Album Post your Hi-Lo pictures here.. Show us what ya got or seen, we love looking at them!

Old 06-07-2017, 07:35 PM   #221

yeah I hear you , water is what 11 lbs. a gallon/ or 7 I forget?but they have those life straws, and outside filters for yer hoses now and hook up to outside the camper or inside. make them any sized for filtering anything, from anywhere, now
I wont have to lug any of it. I hope, but I know I will lol I should have more than enuff to last just me with fresh water from anywhere. the new filters they have out do everything and filter 99 % of germs and viruses. so they say huh? lol I will never use all that much water in few weeks. do dishes in the rain! and don't ever have dishes cause I cook out on paper plates. lol I hav to watch adding water to my storage tank for tongue weight. still have to check my surge brakes and all too.I can't wait to get my new table installed for back bed though gonna look great with my woodwork. I hope

maestro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:58 AM   #222

Mike, what have you decided to do about your bulb seal? Have you done anything? Can you show me a pic? Thanks!
-Barb-

Mtnsagegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:33 AM   #223

mine I still have to do work to sorry. seems ok except for back side I have to take the one off that didn't work yet. so I still need to fix my own. can't get good pic of it right now. I do know I aint buying it new LOL
Old 06-08-2017, 01:04 PM   #224

Yes, I took all of mine off & then saw what it cost to replace it... Thanks!
Old 06-08-2017, 02:06 PM   #225

how much is it? not cheap I am sure. espaecially from a dealer.
i'll come up with something even if I use a whole section of the vinyl and don't cut it it will still work good.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:35 PM   #226

$4.95 per foot... so about $400.00.
I don't know what you are doing with the vinyl? What kind & ???
Old 06-08-2017, 03:32 PM   #227

that is waaaaayyy to much money go to/find a PVC EXTRUSION plant, in your area.
I used to work at one. and ask them what they have laying around that is scrap, to fit a small sample profile of yours.. they may be able to find you a profile, profiles are what they make dies for and extrude with soft vinyl. most the shops are custom meaning they will make anything or have it. they may have some laying around that will work, and sell it dirt cheap to you, also. they will just grind it up anyways, if its not up to spec.

soft vinyl 16'garage bottom garage door seal , not the hard plastic.its like 3" wide and would have worked great, but I cut it in half to try to make it go all the way around and now its to short width wise now to fill the gap. had I left it alone and not cut it in half which only gave me 1 3/4 inches wide , it would have worked perfectly attaeched to the top aluminum strip right on outside of where nails go. I got 25 feet at restore for like 3 bucks. it would work like a windshield wiper blade or was supposed to. it will/would, if I use the whole width tho. I if your gap is small, cutting it will work but I would still use the whole width ,but where I fixed mine I have to big of a gap cause wall was bent out to far, and I couldn't get it any closer when I rebuilt it w/o messing up something else. so I tried it it didn't work I failed, so i try again something else, that's what I do and how I work. not paying full price for whole roll tho. I am a cheapskate.
prolly gonna go with the pipe insulation or pool noodles sam said works great too. sounds like it will for what I need. like I said over 75% of mine is intact except for rear side past the door. I really ain't all that worried about it, it is now one of my least concerns. always was too. LOL
Old 06-08-2017, 03:58 PM   #228

wow took it all off? d@@@@@@@@rn it that really sucks. did you rip it up? prolly in places huh. well there are better ways to do it than with that $4.95 foot junk stuff dealers try to rip you off on. anyways. you just have to find them. think, about it then try it. if it don't work try something else till ya get it right. for as little money as you can afford. me I don't have any extra money, so I need/have to do that.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:11 PM   #229

Bdette did you get your lights yet?
Old 06-09-2017, 01:55 AM   #230

Thanks Mike... I've thought about the garage door bulb seal... $80. for 50'... I'll look for some cheaper...
Old 06-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #231

that's still a lot , to much,like I said go to a pvc extrusion plant near you, see what they have layin around! :0 you's be surprised. took me 2 1/2 hours to drop off 6 tires at recycle this afternoon from camper and truck.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:11 PM   #232

Bdette, so glad you got yer lights and they were what you were needing/expecting. i hope they work out for you/I know they will, and stay in touch. keep me posted. when you get them in ok:..
i'll be laid up for awhile operation on knee Monday. wont be able to wear my new leg or any leg at all ,till it heals up. my whole summer is ruined. I'm down in the dumps.
yer friend mike
Old 06-10-2017, 04:12 PM   #233

Hi Barb, how's it going on yer end? how's rebuild coming? send me pics in pm! good I hope!
stay in touch.
yer friend mike
Old 06-10-2017, 05:05 PM   #234

mazda sounds like plugged heater core, dear! or bad water pump, or thermostat is bad. take thermostat out see what happens. are water pump seals leaking at all'/?
Old 06-10-2017, 05:08 PM   #235

hi sam whats new? post pm I guess I am posting to much personal info on this thread.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:10 PM   #236

yeah mtnsagegal still to much denero! did I spell that correctly/? LMAO
Old 06-10-2017, 07:20 PM   #237

I replaced thermostat, radiator, water pump, timing belt, spark plugs & new wires...
Old 06-10-2017, 07:58 PM   #238

wow no other suggestions lol sorry! hunny bun! heater core plugged up? whats it doing to you? don't just keep throwing money at it!!!!
find the ROOT cause of the problem and fix it.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:26 PM   #239

The heater might be plugged up... It doesn't really work-heat...
Old 06-11-2017, 01:21 PM   #240

disconnect heater core at thermostat, and water pump, see if you have water going through heater core do it with garden hose? if not that may be yer problem! I just may be wrong tho, keep that in mind! I usually am.
cause way more many people on here know way more than I do. that's for sure. lol it was 91 here yesterday didn't even open the camper, moved things from apt. to storage and left stage right! sweated my butt off just doing that. knee surgery tomorrow. yuck! glad to get it done and over tho. then another after this heals. depressed!)
yer friend mike