Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > Hi-Lo Photo Album
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hi-Lo Photo Album Post your Hi-Lo pictures here.. Show us what ya got or seen, we love looking at them!

Old 03-25-2017, 06:07 AM   #81

no.no, I get like this now and again. no way, I didn't take your advice the wrong way. just me. cant get this hole in my knee to heal, now gotta go see a surgeon for it. just getting tired of all the health problems when I have so much I want and need to do lol that's all I appreciate your or anyone's input. just spending 45 minutes every morn to just stand up and walk is starting to get to me .lol just beginning to wonder if it's worth all the work lol
thank you mike

maestro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:15 PM   #82

well jack, I went and aired up the tires, my buddy had an air tank. I got her off the jacks and all leveled back out now. lol luckily I didn't break anything! you know I showed him pics last night what it did look like when I found it, and he saw it today, he was impressed with all I did and am doing to it. I guess I just lost sight, kinda felt as if I was moving but not going anywhere ya know? of how much I really have accomplished on it since I got it, and now. the top went right back into place and actually looks more level than it did before I started. LMAO> I will have to get a floor jack tho for it. also your advice was much appreciated so please don't stop helpin me with suggestions, I can use all I can get. Thank You Mike

Old 03-25-2017, 02:20 PM   #83
Site Team

Good on ya, Mike!

I don't have your difficulties, but at 76 yrs old, they're starting to creep up on me. I suspect I'm going to have to get a hernia repaired soon, and not looking forward to that.

A bottle jack might be easier to use than a floor jack. I have both, and the bottle jack is so much easier to work with. Both of them need something to increase their lifting height though. I use a length of railroad tie under them. It's big, and provides a solid base.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:30 PM   #84

or a bottle of Jack LOL
but no, I gave that up, and never was much of a whiskey fan I was just funning. hernia? never had that b4, not yet, that's prolly next week. good luck to you with that tho.
reason I don't like bottle jacks cause they tip on me when I jack them up and I cant ever get them to go hi enuff and wind up jacking them up and down 50 times.. they frustrate me. I lost my likes for them when they started coming with cars you used the lug wrench on. lol I may have said already but good news is I found a 6 cup 650watt coffee maker for the camper that will run off my solar battery and inverter! I also read how to convert a regular 120vac toaster to 12vdc. very easy to do.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:55 PM   #85
sam

Default Hernia repair

I've had a hernia repaired. Like any operation it is no fun. Six weeks and you should be healed up. You get lots of sympathy from your wife and friends. I try to have my operations other than camping season.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:13 PM   #86
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
I've had a hernia repaired. Like any operation it is no fun. Six weeks and you should be healed up. You get lots of sympathy from your wife and friends. I try to have my operations other than camping season.
Whoopie! I can't think of a good time to be laid up like that. Thanks!

- Jack
Old 03-26-2017, 10:58 AM   #87

Default well how's she look?

how does she look now? lol not off by too much now I don't think. that rear right corner was caved in when I got it so its gonna look kinda weird anyways I rebuilt it and had to use L brackets and stuff on it. I redid that whole piece of metal across the back also that holds the tensioners. took 1 piece of the metal out and ran a treated 2x8 across underneath.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front 1.jpg (252.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg rear1.jpg (252.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg side1.jpg (311.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-26-2017, 02:43 PM   #88
Site Team

The left side still looks lower to me than the right, but does the bulb seal meet all the way around? That's what you want to happen, regardless of how things "look".

- Jack
Old 03-27-2017, 08:59 PM   #89

Smile found a cool supply place for cable and such

it's called Star Supply Bargain Outlet its at
875 Mahoning Ave.
Youngstown. Ohio Exit5/680
open Mon - Sat. 9 to 5:30
They state great buys on aircraft cable
various sizes of cable from 1/8" to 1/2"
by the spool or by the foot.
various size thimbles, clamps, hooks, pulleys, eye bolts.
hope I helped someone today. I may out there see what they got.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cablesupply.jpg (49.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-27-2017, 10:49 PM   #90

no ,no operation is fun! why are you waiting for the hernia operation Jack?
Old 03-27-2017, 11:13 PM   #91
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro123 View Post
no ,no operation is fun! why are you waiting for the hernia operation Jack?
Mostly, because I hate hospitals and, i'm able to live with it so far. It DOES seem to be getting worse though.

- Jack
Old 03-28-2017, 03:24 AM   #92

jmo, and we all know about those right? well you should've already had it taken care of. you know depending on what kind it is, if it bursts you could die from it, or it can and will cause larger, bigger, worse problems, also you wasted all winter you could have been recuperating now, if it gets bad/worse during the summer, you will be laid up during all the nice weather and camping season. In the summer as you know we tend to get a lot more active at working, lifting, pushing, pulling, yanking lol That will be the undoing of it.
I say if it does. 6 weeks puts ya into late May, just in time, if you do it now. I hate hospitals like you don't know also, but if it wasn't for having one and going ,I wouldn't be typing this. take this from a man who cares about others. I know it's off topic but sorry. sounds like ya need a good swift kick in the **** to get you in there to have it done! my mom and my dad were both afraid of hospitals and I watched them both die from cancer. I just survived/and was CURED of stage 4 head and neck cancer, missing half my neck but I went. your friend mike
Old 03-28-2017, 12:36 PM   #93
sam

Default Hernia operation

Long ago I could hardly walk for the pain in my groin. I had several doctors check me for hernia and say I was ok. Then it dawned on me to be checked by a surgeon. I was ripped up to the max. I had surgery and no longer have problems.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:07 PM   #94
Site Team

I'm no where near that state, SAM. In fact, today, I don't feel any problem at all. However, I AM sensitive to things that go wrong in my body and will have things taken care of if they get worse.

- Jack
Old 03-28-2017, 06:53 PM   #95

ok then. Jack! good luck.
hey remember I am using a cut in half garage door bottom seal that acts as a windshield wiper, when I raise or lower the top ,it moves up or down to opposite whichever way the top moves. the bulb is also shot on the passenger side, and I have enuff to go around the whole box. basically saying when I raise the top, the seal moves up at an angle, I ran it across the top box rail inside. and covers the bottom trim inside and seals the gap. am I making any sense? only bad thing is I cant get anything done. I was there today I am running new romex for my labvolt variac. going across from outside feed to the door side on the new cupboard. with plugs and fuse and switch. I got one 25 amp screw in fuse right now, to plug in land power at the top roadside.. the fuse comes off of that and into a original plug, same receptacle, that was all I had .now I have a plug I wired in after the original plug. ran that over to door side under ceiling, and put in a 1 way switch, to a plug by the door. rest is going to be solar 12vdc lights, tv, water pump. and variac dc from 0-12vdc or 0 to12vac or 0 to 120 vac. or straight 120vac. that coupled with my 4000 watt 6500 surge propane generator still in the box. I don't think there is anywhere I cant camp and have it all.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:27 PM   #96
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro123 View Post
...<snip>...
hey remember I am using a cut in half garage door bottom seal that acts as a windshield wiper, when I raise or lower the top ,it moves up or down to opposite whichever way the top moves. the bulb is also shot on the passenger side, and I have enuff to go around the whole box. basically saying when I raise the top, the seal moves up at an angle, I ran it across the top box rail inside. and covers the bottom trim inside and seals the gap. am I making any sense? ...<snip>...
Yes, I believe I understand. You replaced the bulb seal with a blade style seal. As long as it meets the lip on the top of the lower half, when the top is up, I don't see why that would not work.

How did you attach the new seal to the top half?

- Jack
Old 03-29-2017, 05:54 AM   #97

drilled small holes to start small galvanized large headed finishing brads until I can get grommets and screws. it needed stretched out first I was going to pull the aluminum trim and put it under but that was a lot of work when I started to do that. where I replaced the baseboard on the rear back the side panel sticks out some and it doesn't meet up there but that's fixable. that whole door side rear end was caved in if you look at the first pic of when I got it you can see it. I had to straighten and reinforce that whole wall. I think my BIL pushed it with something that's when the door quit meeting up on the top. thought about just rivets but have none of them either what I did now isn't permanent tho. like the rest of it lmao how are you doing today? I am going to see surgeon for my knee
Old 03-29-2017, 10:18 AM   #98
Site Team

So, I'm guessing the garage weatherstrip is attached along the bottom edge of the top, not along the inside near the bottom of the top where the bulb seal was?

On my trailer, there is a metal facing there, but underneath it is wood. Screws with fender washers would hold the weatherstrip. And, I would not remove the aluminum trim either.

Doing fine today, thank you.

- Jack
Old 03-29-2017, 02:25 PM   #99

no it is attached directly on the aluminum strip, half way to the nails. I just got a brand new brass burner, and electronic ingnition, and a 1 into 2 regulator from a grille my buddy was scrapping out. well found out today I have diabetes. at the wound center. they took 2 more vials of blood for 2 more tests.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:54 PM   #100

Default new work today. almost there

here is what I got done today for my 12vdc variac. I ran 120ac across the ceiling put in a switched outlet to plug in the variac (green box) into. the variac will now be switched and my 12vdc and all that will plug into it from that wall plug. this is all separate from my 12vdc solar system I am putting in I also just to see what would happen hooked up my outdoor shower to the faucet it puts out 35 psi and I have the shower bag to heat outside at the same time I will have hot and warm/cold water. for the outside shower. so happens the hose from my shower head I got for 3.00 fit right onto my faucet. the switch, the outlet under the green box is strictly for 12vac or 12vdc. the green variac will be wired into that box. my 12vdc lights for that box will have 120 plugs on them. I will also be able to run variable 120ac from that box also. it does lots of things. I decided today I am going to make sheet metal fold out top and fold out wides for under the cupboard around the stove burner. look how it is warping my j channel. I need to funnel the heat out wards in winter. I am putting a small 12v blower on it also so it blows the heat out instead of up. of course removable for summer and replaceable in winter. so it will double as a furnace in the winter. only front will be open and top, sides will fold in flush to the bottom of the top of cupboard where you see the ring of glue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shower1.jpg (220.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg shower2.jpg (239.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg elect1.jpg (215.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg elect2.jpg (192.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg elect3.jpg (219.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg elec4.jpg (175.4 KB, 9 views)