Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > Hi-Lo Photo Album
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hi-Lo Photo Album Post your Hi-Lo pictures here.. Show us what ya got or seen, we love looking at them!

Old 05-02-2017, 04:10 PM   #141

me to sam and you love to see old things restored too huh? lmao hows the knee hun?
mike

maestro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:29 PM   #142

not bolting generator to it, need to use it a lot. just use it to move things now.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:45 PM   #143

got back all sanded down till vibrating pad fell off again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg insidecamp1.jpg (12.6 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg insidecamp2.jpg (11.8 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg inside2snkfrdg.jpg (11.9 KB, 124 views)
Old 05-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #144
sam

Default sander troubles

I have been in the middle of a project and my sander backer pad gave out. They are a hot rip off item at HD. I showed the manager this one time. My knee replacement is coming along slow but sure. Just got a nice hot shower and feels so good. Faithfully doing my exercises twice a day.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:11 PM   #145

it's funny the halogens get hot as heck for first few minutes then cool down and you can hold them in yer hands. that's a 75 watter. after few minutes they cool like a cfl bulb. or led. my charge controller must have too a sh****t I got 30 volts and not many amps coming off positve. trying to discharge battery now to recharge. shumacher 750 watt inverter runs my vibrating sander, and 6 " saw off the truck fine. for hrs. even my 650 watt coffee maker. wont run 120 in the camper tho, it goes off ,on my deep cycle model 29. ? baffled had it hooked up to solar all winter too. got a 16 fuction pwc controller. I know it didn't freeze. jack I repainted inside sink with that black epoxy appliance paint. same thing, tuff as nails. don't chip, crack , nothing! I sanded down whole back walls and benches to bare wood, I got a small sample of wood from the wall, and took to Walmart with me, it isn't golden pecan, this is called called wheat, it's darker than golden pecan. they had cherry or walnut on one side bench, and golden pecan on the other
it's gonna look great when I get done. I got a quart of hi tech polyurethane. the back fell off again today on my sander. I used contact cement this time and am going to countersink some flat heads into it this time. I wasted a whole day fixing that.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:16 PM   #146

that's really good SAM proud of you! keep up the good work. you'll be healed up in no time now.
i'm still not able to walk with hole in knee, and now left bottom bone where he shaved it wrong at amputation, edema. from neck dissection and radiation, and pain is so bad. I cant put weight on it at all. still going to work on camper tho faithfully, can only work on it a few hrs. at a time. I have to see ortho. surgeon and plastic surgeon now.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:48 PM   #147
sam

Default Prayers for pain relief

Mike ,I hope your DRS are able to help you. I can relate as my left knee replacement is still swollen(edema). Take care Sam
Old 05-11-2017, 04:40 PM   #148

I send you pm sam
Old 05-12-2017, 09:01 PM   #149

Default new table for my rebuild

I have this kitchen table that I am putting in, replacing original same stain on this too already.
it has 2 small fold down side leafs. I measured it, and its gonna fit fine ,with a few minor mods, and will still work for my bed. all the measurements work out just have to move brackets, legs will even work out too. have much more room to walk around it too and sit. plus it matches new wood work I am doing. gonna look b uuuuuuutifuuuullllll! beats 1964 formica. oh haven't posted pics of the sand down project yet. just what it looks like now. but i'm almost done if I can get my darn vibrator to work right. don't want to get a new one this is last time I will use one. I wont need it any longer after this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kitcentable1 (1).jpg (153.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #150
sam

Default New table

I've done so many projects that I have burned through two dewalt orbital sanders. Then I purchased a Milwaulkie and have been very happy with it. Nice table that should serve you well.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:02 PM   #151

Milwaukee's are nice. still all of them, sanders, drills etc. all made in china any more tho.
the stain on the table is exact match of what I am going to use. well got her all sanded down inside today, seats, cupboards, and back walls. the contact cement held my pad on great! used my power inverter off the truck, till I figure out my battery situation. wish I would have gotten larger inverter. cant lift the generator by myself cause of the weakness in my arms and shoulders. they hurt already lol
gonna have to get it on my dolly, and tow it over behind the truck, then back to storage. it's still in the box I cant move it on two crutches.
wiped her all down, ready for stain tomorrow. got the stain that dries in an hour. Then my urethane after that dries. haven't even started on front yet lol only a few bad spots.
also gonna be lots of fumes. so nothing electric can be hooked up, for sure. spent about 4 hours on it today, till I had to give up for the day. I so love the color of that table cant wait to see the box done with it.! then have to find some vinyl tiles with that old barn wood look for the floor. its still original tile on floor. uglyyyyyyyyyyyyy! LOL
Old 05-13-2017, 08:36 PM   #152
sam

Default stain

Never heard of stain that dries in one hr. I use Minwax and let it dry for eight hours before I top coat with polyurethane. I don't have any finishing projects on my to do list. My neighbor tossed out a tuffed high back provincial chair. I vaccumed it. HDH shampooed it..black water. Then I washed the wood parts. Today he scotchgarded it and I fixed a small rip. I know someone that we are giving the chair to. It is a pretty baby blue.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:52 PM   #153

that's nice.of you you are a good person.
yeah its min wax stain, called wheat. and min wax hi tec polyurethane. or i got them backwards, lol the stuff ain't cheap i know that much. got them at wally world.
prolly did knowing my mind these days. i am sure it says the stain dries in 1 hour tho i am gonna look it up now you asked for it. lol i am not going to urethane that soon no matter what the can says anyways lol man i love that table! now i look closer it needs touched up too tho.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:21 AM   #154

oh yeah you was right! LOL 1 hour to dry b4 next coat lol .
Old 05-14-2017, 03:52 PM   #155

well sorry sam but it isn't min wax its rustoleum, here's the cupboard with 1 brush coat and it was dry in an hour! LOL I have no urethane on any of it yet tho. couldn't get much done today. not feeling well.
did that whole cabinet, and back seats and walls tho.
hurting bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stain1.jpg (25.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg cabinet1.jpg (20.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg cabinet2.jpg (20.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-14-2017, 04:21 PM   #156
sam

Default stain

I didn't know that Rust Oleum made stain. Seems any project you do ends up costing a tidy sum of $. Like the color of the stain. Walmart is usualy cheaper on most things. Some times I end up in Walmart 2or3 times a week. It is only fifteen minutes away from my house.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #157

its the 1st time I ever seen it. it was $8.78 for the quart. if ya brush it it goes on nice and thick. faster with a rag but nicer finish with a brush. back isn't gonna turn out all that nice they had dark plywood, and light plywood, on the seats in back, hard to hide anything, and to much for me to do to sand all the way down. it is going o look nice tho still. especially the cupboards and doors. my dang ceiling is caving in again,where that front top sheet metal buckled on me buckled
on top door side messed it up,when I found the hitch buried in the mud. I still aven' gotten generator out of the box yet. I cant even lift it. to get it to the
camper. im gonna put it on 2 wheeler and tow it behind the truck over there. from my storage unit. so I can get it fired up and ready too. also I just bought this for traveling too. I hope it isn't junk should come in handy tho.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 05-14-2017, 11:40 PM   #158
Site Team

That tire inflator is not junk, but it WILL be slow. I travel with a 117V inflator that I plug into my generator if I need to inflate a tire. It is much faster and will handle the higher tire pressures in the trailer tires better.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:54 PM   #159

[QUOTE=JackandJanet;38688]
That tire inflator is not junk, but it WILL be slow.]
- Jack
that's how I roll these days jack, SLOW! If It saves my butt 1 time on the road, it will be worth it. seriously thought of going with the Goodyear, I wanted dual voltages 120vac and 12vdc but hey can only get what I can. ain't got as much money as you do!
Old 05-19-2017, 03:23 AM   #160

Are you still working on your 64 Hi Lo? I got a 64 Traveler-15'... Am working to get the new cables set up... I paid a guy to do it & he never did all the stuff I paid him for, so I am in a mess but I and a couple of friends of mine are going to do the restore... I'm 74 & my friends are 76 & 77 (women)... Two of my pulleys (inside) have been lost so am trying to have some made... It's an adventure...

Mtnsagegal is offline   Reply With Quote