Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks Show off your modifications, share a great idea, ask a question!

Old 08-07-2021, 03:01 PM   #1

Default Toilet water leak

Hello everyone,

I have a 1989 Classic Voyager (2589 RD), My toilet is leaking water at the Vacuum Breaker connection. I need to order a new vacuum breaker kit but the I.D. sticker on the toilet with the model number is missing, it must have fallen off at some time. Does anyone know what toilet model number came in this model year Hilo? The toilet brand is a Sealand, but there are quite a few Sealand toilet models, and I would hate to order the wrong part for it as these kits are model specific. Thanks for your help with this question.

Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:04 PM   #2

Default I used to have a 1990 25ft. RD Classic.

It had a Sealand toilet.. I gave the HiLo to Mike the HiLo technician at Mantelli trailer sales.Call and ask to speak to Mike the RV tech. 1-716-625-8395. Ask if he has the 1990 trailer. I gave him all the paper work. I had good luck getting a toilet riser from PPL Motor Homes in Texas. Sealand wasn't helpful. Hope this helps you. Could be several mikes that work there.

Usagi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 11:41 PM   #3

Angel, I have a 1988 FunChaser 22 foot model that I worked on this past year. The toilet on my trailer is a Dometic/Sealand 210/110 Traveler Lite I believe.

I replaced the vacuum breaker, water valve assemble and rubber seals on my unit. Parts were purchased from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps?
Peter
Johnsonbrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 05:32 PM   #4

Thank you all for the quick reply. I have ordered the part from the suggested amazon links, and I'm awaiting on the parts to arrive. Hopefully this will fix the small water leak. Thanks again.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:03 PM   #5

Default Hope the parts fit.

Our toilet in the 1990 25ft. Classic was porcelin (sp). You never know if a toilet has been changed out.
Usagi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 08:21 PM   #6

Thank you Johnsonbrits and everyone else for the suggestions on identifying and repairing my toilet water leak. Before ordering the repair parts, I decided to replace the entire toilet with a new one from Thetford. When I got it delivered the wife and I quickly decided to send it back; it was made out of very thin cheap Plastic!. I know Thetford makes better quality toilet models than the one I ordered but I wanted to keep the cost down and elected to go with that plastic model; bad decision! this plastic toilet flexed really bad under any weight. I'm glad I tried sitting on it before I installed it!!
Anyway I ended up spending just about as much on parts to repair my old toilet as what I would have paid for the Thetford; but it was worth it, my old toilet is a porcelain model. I replaced the vacuum breaker, the ball and shaft kit, and the seal. I did not need to replace the Water Valve Assembly. It no longer leaks and it has been holding water in the bowl for over 2 weeks! Yay!! I think we'll be happier now lol. Thanks again everyone.