Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 06-06-2023, 01:39 PM   #1

Default leak

we have a 2808 C and was completely restored 2021 and new roof but a leak appeared and was fixed . I noticed on the one side looks like plywood separation.
There is a product called flexArmore and is sprayed on. Has anybody had any experience with this.
Also I had a leak at the one window and did not see anywhere it could have come in so I silicon around the window till I can get it to a shop to seal all windows and noticed the plastic molding at the top ( see picture) was loose and in the center buckled. I caulked everything.
rained hard next day and no leaks.
Is there anywhere to get a molding like that or is it not even necessary to be there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1000000208.jpg (43.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 1000000209.jpg (52.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 1000000210.jpg (38.5 KB, 9 views)

Lwwilltravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 07:39 PM   #2

Hi,
Yes, that molding is necessary. It is a water deflector. These windows are not waterproof in driving rain, even if you torque the windows closed hard. This rubber shrinks due to to drying out. I do not know where to get that molding. You might try constant application of rubber restorer. Also, I've read on this forum that you need to re-putty the windows over time since this putty dries out.
Good Luck!
Kind Regards,
Pierre Levasseur

plevasseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 02:31 PM   #3

thank you and what I did was seal at the ends of that plastic to seal the ends.
Old 10-25-2023, 07:40 PM   #4

Hi,

I notice you have a 2808C, I have a 2805C. Do you have any information on the gas strut associated with the tip out? I have one that went flat but there are no markings on it.

Thanks,
Pierre Levasseur
Old 10-26-2023, 07:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by plevasseur View Post
Hi,

I notice you have a 2808C, I have a 2805C. Do you have any information on the gas strut associated with the tip out? I have one that went flat but there are no markings on it.

Thanks,
Pierre Levasseur
no I am sorry but I am not aware of a gas strut . Ours would not work at all when we bought it but we had it total restored from ground up and not sure what Joel did ( midget RV in Ohio but is out of business now) to fix it. To open and close it when bought it we just picked up on it and lowered it by hand.
I just thought ours was all with a cable somehow.
Old 10-26-2023, 09:37 AM   #6

Thanks for the quick reply.
PL
Old 10-26-2023, 01:16 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by plevasseur View Post
Hi,

Thanks,
Pierre Levasseur
Are you talking about the gas strut that holds the cover up when you open the tip out? If so, pull one off and match it up at an auto parts store. It is not a specific Hi-LO part.
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 01:33 PM   #8
sam

Default Leaky window

If your RV is 5to6yrs old it is advisible to pull the windows and reseal with butyl tape. Reinstall and use Lexel caulk on the outside. Utube has a tutorial on how to do this. Bonus you can see the condition of your walls when the window is out. No one told us to do this and we ended up with extensive damage on our lower walls in our 1990 25ft. HiLo. We spent many months rebuilding the unit. Our RV tech has this HiLo and reports no further repairs needed. We also pulled the windows in our 1996 26ft. HiLo. Glad we did this as we found the start of delamination on the escape window. Wood glue and clamps fixed the problem.On one window the hole was cut a little too big. DH shimmed it up into proper place. We did not remove the front curved window. It is protected by a rock guard.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 10:06 AM   #9

I have the size of the strut. I do not know the working force they come in 20, 40, and 60 lbs. force per strut. If I get one that is too weak the door won't stay up. If I get one that is too strong, I may end up bending the door assembly. One strut has no pressure and the other measures around 35 lbs. at best. I am going to go with a 40 lbs. strut. Struts usually have a marking on the part. Hi-Lo pulls the labels off so you will be encouraged to purchase from them. It does not help when they go out of business.