Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar Electrical components and wiring, batteries, charging systems, generators and solar topics.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:08 PM   #1

Default Trailer lights wiring

Hey guys, i need help with the trailer lights. I had to take out a lot of old stuff that wasnt working. The previous owner had already taken out the pump and the converter. We decided to redo the wiring completely because i didnt think i needed all of the interior loghts and would instead runn everything off of 12 v from outside. I got all of that done and it works real well, i havent added a air conditioner yet though lol so i dont know how good of an idea that was unless i hqve two different connections for that.

My question is these cords in the picture come in from the trailer harness , and when i reconnect them they arent showing any light in the back. I am thinking of running them and reconnecting them in the back where the sock thing in the bathroom goes in but i want to make sure i am reconnecting the right ones to the right ones, so far the wiring diagram i found doesnt seem to be correct- none of them are working. Unless i have a bad ground or something?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220215_203920.jpg (189.1 KB, 22 views)

Fatl844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 09:01 PM   #2

If I remember correctly, all of the wires are yellow and white...one color for power (12 v), the other is your ground. To determine which wire is for a particular light, you will need to "ring" them out...( disconnect one wire from the harness and connect a piece of wire long enough to reach the rear of the trailer and test each component with a multimeter set to "continuity "... when it gives a tone, you found it...label the wire and try the next one...can also be done in reverse...component to harness...2 people make it easier...hope this helps
2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Brianagee is offline   Reply With Quote